1.    #1  
    This may sound extremely stupid to most of you, so I apologize in advance.

I've noticed many of you have commented on "changing batteries thruout the day" to get optimun use of your phone. (I'm assuming you mean you are inserting an already charged battery).

So...I have purchased an extra battery; how do those of you with multiple batteries charge them?? Do you actually insert them in the phone & charge each one individually or is there a way to charge all of them at once (like a charging pad)?

Again, I'm sorry if this sounds stupid....
    Last edited by sherryterry1; 10/02/2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: add additional info
    I bought a charging 'dock' for my pre on amazon.com. It can charge your pre and also has a 'cradle' to charge a spare battery @ the same time.
  3.    #3  
    I should have added, I'm currently using a Touchstone for charging. But thanx for the charging station info....very reasonably priced!!
    well see, ive one touchstone beside my bed, where i put my pre overnight. one for my wife on her side of the bed for her pixi, and then the charging 'dock' in the living room beside my favorite spot on the couch for everyone to use. plus i have a few friends with pixi's and pre's so when they come over they just pop their spare battery in the cradle and their phone to the dock. its quite convenient for everyone.

verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    i bought one of those and it stopped working after a few days. Now I have one that just charges the battery by itself.

Also, I recommend that you get the Palm branded charger because the cheap ones don't put out 1A and I've found it can't fully charge my extended battery
    Okay I have to ask, whats in the guiness glass??? My guess is some kinda white wine??

To the OP this site and others sell battery chargers that work with the Pre/Centro/Treo Pro batts. I personally charge them in the phone or would use one of our Centros in a pinch. Then again we have 2 touchstones in the bedroom, I have one at work, we have one in the living room (the 1 at work, 1 in living room, and 1 extra haven't even had the factory plastic taken off the sticky side so they are easily moved when needed), and 5 car chargers (thanks to the last VZW bundle). So the only time we have to charge extra batteries is on a long trip away from somewhere we can charge.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Okay I have to ask, whats in the guiness glass??? My guess is some kinda white wine??
    nope. water. recovering from the guiness last night.

as for extended batteries not charging i have 2 stock batteries and it seems to charge just fine. keep in mind this is a secondary charger and only used by company or when watching a movie
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  8.    #8  
    I'm using 2 TS, one by the bed & one for the 1st floor, plus the car charger while traveling. At work I use the Palm A/C adapter/charger (I'm an RN/don't have a desk to use a TS).

I usually don't have an issue re: charging but we were without power on Thursday (due to all the rain/flooding on the East Coast). I used my Pre to access the internet to report the power outage & just for general passing of the time while waiting for the power to come back on. It was then I realized that I needed to get my 2nd battery charged. Which is what prompted the post....

Thanx for your responses!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    I bought a charging 'dock' for my pre on amazon.com. It can charge your pre and also has a 'cradle' to charge a spare battery @ the same time.
    just bought same from amazon.com - approx 12-14$ - incredible little device. I've charged several palm batteries as spares, charges your phone too!

Apparently aftermarket batteries are a tight fit, but haven't tried charging them
    my charger is ok. The red led doesn't change to green when the battery is charged, but no biggie, and it will only start charging my pre if it is unlocked. I dunno why but whatever.
    I just use my centro as my spare battery charger.its laying around doing nothing so why not.
    lol good idea. I'm just glad the pre and pixi have the same battery. I do think I'll get another touchstone kit from amazon.
    thanks,,i know why not,it works,i leave back cover off and I just pop a battery in and out when needed. I was close to buying one of them chargers when I saw my centro in a draw and then the light bulb went on in my head.
    I also use my old Centro as a spare battery charger. I've also found that if I plug the charging cable into the microUSB port on the Pre before changing batteries, it will stay powered so I don't have to deal with agonizingly long (5+ mins) reboot time.
    I have been too lazy to wipe our old centros (so they live in our safe)..... I should probably do what you folks are doing, wipe the wives (it has more damage) and then setup mine for any emergency use situation then I can remove some **** from the safe and have the wifes centro as a batt charger when needed.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    nope. water. recovering from the guiness last night.
    **** I know how that goes....

I might have to pick me up one of those chargers..... one of my only complaints with modern smartphones is that there is no more cradle. I love the touchstone, but would love to be able to charge and/or sync in a cradle type device. Even putting the usb port at the bottom, so you wouldn't have that freakin cord. Maybe HP/Palm will make the next phone touchstone and cradle compatible (I can at least dream right???).