Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Im interested in getting a Palm Pre from a friend of a friend but i am slighlty worried as It won’t allow him to get past the language setup when he turns the device on. Would i be able to Doctor this phone for a reset if its the software anyone any ideas.
    yes. Use the doctor to reset to factory fresh
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    im unsure if the phone was preware installed on it or not and does it even need it installed?
    If you doctor to factory state, you'd have to reinstall Preware, if you want it, anyway.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by mafu6 View Post
    Im interested in getting a Palm Pre from a friend of a friend but i am slighlty worried as It won’t allow him to get past the language setup when he turns the device on. Would i be able to Doctor this phone for a reset if its the software anyone any ideas.
    It all depends if the Pre has a working data connection.
    Yes you can always doctor, but depending on the network you plan to use the Pre on, you may need to enter the network settings manually, or bypass activation with Meta-Doctor and edit the carrier database.
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    my sisters phone on power up goes to the tools central which we don't know how to get off would a rest on this work too ?
    not sure what that means. Probably has a patch that automatically opens an app or web site. Can you explain or post a screenshot?
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    I'll see if i can get a screen shot up tomorrow but when ever the phone is switched all all we get is the tools central screen and is stuck there.
    Do you mean the screen where you log into your Palm Profile or create a new one.

It would really help if you tell us what country you're in and on what network you're trying to use the device.
    Last time I checked, no one here was psychic.
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Is this your phone or did you find it?
    Yes what?
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    yes i found it
    Quote Originally Posted by mafu6 View Post
    yes i found it
    You've been logged out of your profile because it was reported stolen/lost.
    O2 will soon block the IMEI and you will not be able to use it.

You're trying to sell other people's property on ebay. Consider yourself reported.
    Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
    If the phone is "hot", don't sell it. Contact the carrier and speak with a supervisor - they may want you to return it to a store or turn it into your local police department. If the phone was shut off due to non-payment or is flagged by a carrier for any other reason than lost or stolen equipment and cannot be activated, it's still technically your phone and you are free to do with it as you wish. (Correct me if I'm wrong, though)

I've seen many listings on Craigslist where the buyer explicitly states the MEID / ESN is bad and the device can only be flashed to work with places like Page Plus or Cricket. I don't have a problem with those listings because if the buyer knows what they are getting into they might get a decent deal out of it, otherwise the casual shopper might get ripped off.

Don't sell a phone that was reported as lost or stolen - that property needs to be returned to its rightful owner or the carrier.
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    im not trying to sell it but thanks for the warning on it i think ill leave it alone
    Since the OP no longer appears to be asking for help, this thread is closed.