Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    buy a new palm pre right now. i mean it's a nice phone but it's well outdated too.
    WebOS is your reason
    If I were you I would wait a few months for any new hardware to be announced, or atleast for webos 2.0, at most a month or two.
    All the cool kids are doing it.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    great phone. Amazong OS. Wonderfil community to support you.
    If you need people to give you a reason, don't get one.
    Read up and make up your own mind.
    +1 good point. Take a risk.
  8.    #8  
    believe me, ive done a ton of reading. i can pick one up for cheap right now but id love to see a better palm device come out this year. it's a tough decision for me atm. it's mostly the age of the phone that bothers me.

how is the battery life when overclocked to 1ghz on a stock battery?
    battery seems to be about the same when overclocked. Some report better. For me it's about the same.

battery life is my only real complaint, but I have an external charger and spare batteries to keep me going.

I also snagged cheap touchstones at radioshack and verizon closeouts so I have them handy in my car and other places I frequent.

I say you should dive in if it's cheap, especially it doesn't use your upgrade date. Good things ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    If you need people to give you a reason, don't get one.
    Read up and make up your own mind.

x2

Read A LOT.... We love our non-plus Pre's, they are a year old and work perfect (and I put mine thru some work). The end user experience at this point is going to be based on what you need/want, so read A LOT, then make your decision. Best answer that can be given.

As to battery life, it seams it is more related to how much you use the phone, not just OC. This is from personal experience, the wife is getting better battery life from a 3 year old Centro battery than her 1 year old Pre battery.... my guess is this comes from the Pre battery seeing a lot more radio attempts to connect to Sprint towers where she works (fault of the radios and the way towers are handled on the Pre) vs the centro that was happy to be on roam. The centro also saw much less data. So in reality it is the Li-Ion in the Pre has been worked a lot harder than the one that was in the Centro for 2 years.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Love my Pre Plus, got mine the middle of July and for me it doesn't seem "old". It's my first smartphone, I'm overclocking, patched up and every time I add a patch or whatever it seems I have a brand new phone. I love Webos, love this community and if you can wait for the new and that's what you want go for it. For me I have had no issues with anything (but VZ GPS I knew that going in and I do have the GPS fix). I love multitasking and being able to do anything I need. I carry a spare battery with me and have several touchstones. My boss has the Droid 2 and I've been learning to use it to show her. It's a nice phone and I wanted to get a Droid until Palm and VZ offered the free mobile hotspot. At that time I knew nothing about either phone. Just got it for the hotspot and a whole new world opened up for me. I'm doing great learning the Droid, showing her, fixing her problems etc but my Pre is awesome and I'm glad I have it.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    This online community should be reason enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    This online community should be reason enough.
    +1
    BTW nice to see another Clemson fan
    I don't see how you can call the Pre "outdated." Still cutting edge imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    BTW nice to see another Clemson fan
    Did you go? I just graduated in May. Here's to a stomping Miami!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    buy a new palm pre right now. i mean it's a nice phone but it's well outdated too.
    Pre and Palm had their chance - might be time to move on...and I say this because the hardware and apps are so weak, it's unforgivable.

Not a hater, it's just that the Pre had it's chance, and Palm couldn't deliver.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash4o View Post
    Pre and Palm had their chance - might be time to move on...and I say this because the hardware and apps are so weak, it's unforgivable.

Not a hater, it's just that the Pre had it's chance, and Palm couldn't deliver.
    You sir know nothing of which you speak... The future is better than the present, and if you post what phone you think is better I am sure many folks around here can give you all their downfalls. Apps don't make the phone, and the phone doesn't make the carrier.

BTW, to say Palm "had their chance" they were the original innovator (as I am sure you are smart enough to know). Palm made the market, and now with HP will make it again. I am far from a ******, I am just real about things.... Unless Palm/HP doesn't release a new phone on Sprint I will be firmly sticking with this phone/OS, the wife and I are already contemplating purchsing when the PalmPad comes out. If HP decides not to release, I will then look at my options, at this point, nothing beats what the Pre (more importantly WebOS) can do.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    You sir know nothing of which you speak... The future is better than the present, and if you post what phone you think is better I am sure many folks around here can give you all their downfalls. Apps don't make the phone, and the phone doesn't make the carrier.

BTW, to say Palm "had their chance" they were the original innovator (as I am sure you are smart enough to know). Palm made the market, and now with HP will make it again. I am far from a ******, I am just real about things.... Unless Palm/HP doesn't release a new phone on Sprint I will be firmly sticking with this phone/OS, the wife and I are already contemplating purchsing when the PalmPad comes out. If HP decides not to release, I will then look at my options, at this point, nothing beats what the Pre (more importantly WebOS) can do.
    I agree. I am looking forward to the PalmPad. My netbook will be on the market when the PalmPad comes out!
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    We have stayed away from netbooks, we have a couple outdated laptops, and some decent PC's. My mom has a netbook and is more happy than she was with the 5+ year old laptop I now have of hers... I am more happy with the laptop (of course duel booting linux on it now that I have it).

The tablet will probably be a must buy for us before the new phones....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast