1.    #1  
    Can you add MP4 formatted movies to the Palm Pre without any extra software or do you have to format them into another format for the Pre to play them because iTunes is being ****ty and won't let me download them to my iPod.
    mp4 will work if they aren't protected by DRM. Best if the are formated to iphone frame size.
  3.    #3  
    No, they're not DRM protected. They play in iTunes perfectly, just that they won't transfer to my iPod.

I get an error message whenever I try them on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkchomp View Post
    No, they're not DRM protected. They play in iTunes perfectly, just that they won't transfer to my iPod.

I get an error message whenever I try them on my Pre.
    Don't you think the actual error message would be helpful here?
    Yes, they do require extra software... I used handbrake to format it to Iphone frame size, and then download it to my pre.
  6.    #6  
    Ok, I'll look into that.

Basically the error just says "There was a problem viewing this video" or something like that. The Video app is acting funny and for some reason won't load up properly.
    Ok, I'll look into that.

Basically the error just says "There was a problem viewing this video" or something like that. The Video app is acting funny and for some reason won't load up properly.
    Just do a hard reset(Batt Pull)
    Ok, I'll look into that.

I've been figuring this out recently. I found a solution Google'ing these terms:
    "palm pre" handbrake videos
    I've not posted enough to put up the URL directly, but it was the first one, "Tutorial: Converting your DVD's to Palm Pre using Handbrake".

Some things that seemed important in the conversion:
    • In a few cases, I had to cut back the video bitrate to 600 kbps to avoid choppy video on the Pre.
    • Playback of FFMPEG-encoded videos seemed to be less choppy than H.264 and encoded faster.
    • In "Picture settings", "Keep Aspect Ratio" or setting an appropriate cropping is important to avoid "stretching" the picture, which seems to require more CPU, which can cause choppy video.

Also for playback, I got lots of video glitches when I had ondemand overclocking (I use Preware's 1 GHz Uberkernel + Govnah). Using "Palm Default" (fixed 500 MHz) or any other setting that doesn't dynamically change CPU rates during playback.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to generate thumbnails, and change Title/Description for loaded videos.

Good luck!