Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there any way to make the phone not send out the message, when someone sends you a text thats more then a page?
    Quote Originally Posted by misslarrew View Post
    Is there any way to make the phone not send out the message, when someone sends you a text thats more then a page?
    I dont quite get what you're trying to say...
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  3.    #3  
    my phone sends a message to the other person and to me that says "preceding msg modified, Media objects were removed" , its only when someone sends me a txt from a phone thats not a palm, that is over 160 letters. sorry i didnt explain better before. I would like my phone to not do this, it confuses some people and then they dont think that i got their txt and its kind of annoying.
    +1
    I've never experienced that error - I just get 2 pages of message...it says 1/2 and 2/2
    Same here, I've never gotten it, either. Just get the split texts.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    maybe it's a verizon thing
  8.    #8  
    I get split txt as well, it says 1/2 and 2/2 then right after i get another message that says,"preceding msg modified, Media objects were removed" and the other person gets it as well. Maybe its a Verizon thing, it happens to my husbands palm too. its super annoying because the other person thinks the message is messed up.
    I'm on bell and i have had many multiple part messages sent to me, i only received the 1/3, 2/3, etc markings, nothing else.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    I'm on bell and i have had many multiple part messages sent to me, i only received the 1/3, 2/3, etc markings, nothing else.
    On Sprint, same thing, never saw that.
    Retired my pre for an Epic. WebOS was good but the home brew community made it great. Thanks for all the hard work over the past year to everyone.
    On sprint.... Pre to Pre no problem.... Pre to iphones (and other att phones) no problem.... Pre to BB, no problem.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    verizon +1...it's pretty damned annoying
    seams like this may just be another reason to never switch to vzw (haven't had vzw in YEARS).... good to know.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I have verizon, get the message all the time. Doesn't seem to matter i.e. receiving from another V. customer vs. other cell service. I have found 2 common denominators in the messages...

1. length of message (obvious)
    2. emoticons used by sender i.e. "non smiley face" emoticons will cause modification msg.

Of note, you stated "the phone is sends a message". The phone is NOT sending a message, when you receive a message that requires re-formatting for the above reason, YOU get a "comment" indicating the message has been re-formatted, not the sender. It is an alert to you....

We (my friends) had this very discussion a couple weeks ago. At the table, we all areV. customers but 3 different phones, Pre Plus, Droid & a clamshell. All 3 of us sent the same msg to each other & all 3 showed a DIFFERENT msg. i.e. it was re-formatted. BUT all 3 of us got the "re-formatted" msg on our phone based on the msg received, not sent.... (we tried it several times...) Not a scientific study but interesting....
    Last edited by sherryterry1; 10/02/2010 at 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling
    same here. Must be specific to verizon. Drives me crazy. Any idea which 'emoticons' will cause the reformatting? I will tell the family not t use that one.
    Wow, sounds like VZW not only messes with GPS, but SMS as well. Come on VZW it's a standard!!! Even more reason to jump ship from VZW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    same here. Must be specific to verizon. Drives me crazy. Any idea which 'emoticons' will cause the reformatting? I will tell the family not t use that one.
    Whatever the nonstandard emoticons are. Usually these are accessed within a special menu.
    Any "non Smiley" emoticon is "re-formatted" & does not show. My friend, who has a Droid has a "android" emoticons (look like robots) which does not show on my phone but does on hers....
    My enV2 had those. Also had a way to add text formatting which is equally unsupported.
    The one where you thought you were happy with your VZW service....

Sorry folks, couldn't help that one it was way easy. That is a weird issue, since sprint is CDMA, and runs on VZW towers and the wife and I have never seen that issue. It is def something specific to the way VZW is handling your text msgs.

Maybe yall should add this to the whole class action lawsuit thread....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast