1.    #1  
    Maybe I am not looking in the right spots since I am new to palm and WebOS, but does palm pre have voice dialing? I have looked around the net and always seemed to stumble on this site but all the threads on Google are from 2009 or later.

If there is voice dialing where can I access it from. I really hope it does have voice dialing since the whole "don't touch phone while behind the wheel."

I hope it's me not looking in the right places.

any help would be awesome...thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtones View Post
    Maybe I am not looking in the right spots since I am new to palm and WebOS, but does palm pre have voice dialing? I have looked around the net and always seemed to stumble on this site but all the threads on Google are from 2009 or later.

If there is voice dialing where can I access it from. I really hope it does have voice dialing since the whole "don't touch phone while behind the wheel."

I hope it's me not looking in the right places.

any help would be awesome...thanks!
    I'm afraid you aren't going to be happy.

webOS phones do not have voice dialing or voice commands of any sort.
  3.    #3  
    Any word if WebOS 2.0 will have VR Dialing? lol sorry for sounding so noobish.
    keep an eye on precentral and u will know as soon as the rest of us!
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    While voice dialing isn't native to the Pre, you can get a Bluetooth device with voice dialing built-in, which would then "enable" voice dialing on the Pre.

I purchased a Parrot Minikit Slim Bluetooth speakerphone about a month ago and am thrilled with it. The first time you pair it with your phone, you will be asked if you would like to synchronize your phone's contacts with the Parrot. It takes just a minute or two, but after that all you have to do to initiate a call is to press a button on the Parrot, speak the name and type of number you want, and the Parrot will--appropriately--say it back to you then execute the command. With each subsequent pairing, your contacts are updated seamlessly without the need for your input. The voice recognition is excellent, but if you have difficult-to-understand contacts, you can create voice tags in the Parrot to recognize these items more easily. I believe the Parrot can hold over 1,000 contacts per device it's paired with, and it can be paired with up to two devices.

There probably are a couple other gadgets like this on the market...just check around a bit. But the Parrot is super slick and not all that expensive.