1.    #1  
    Turned on my phone yesterday and got the dreaded unable to login to palm profile message. Rebooted logged in, lost all my apps and contacts. Repeat a couple of times with different results - sometimes apps and patches comeback without contacts, sometimes contacts come back without apps !

The phone was acting crazy anyway so I decided to try to doctor for the first time. I go to Palm site, put in my s/n which corectlly identifies my carrier as Bell Mobility and Downloads the LATEST webos doctor.

Surprise, the process is not as hard as I thought. I log back in and second surprise, I get back my contacts! I use WEBOS quick install and put preware back on my phone and reinstall my patches and selected preware.

Today I go to get back my palm catalogue stuff (angry birds) only to discover that I am not on 1.4.5 but on 1.4.1! How can this be when the palm site gave me the LATEST doctor?

Calm down, attempt to download update over wifi. Five attempts later and this #$%^ thing goes through a whole time consuming d/l and then will not VALIDATE ?!!!!!!!!!

***! I am about to slam this phone against the wall.
    send a PM to HardbeatZ and he will point you in the right direction.
    Don't be mad at all.
    Breathe...

At least you have options. Other phones would be bricked and you would be cursing about having to spend money on a new phone.
  5.    #5  
    O.K. eighth time's a charm . heh..heh..

All your responses were right. I was being a baby.

I love my pre again,,,,, UNTIL NEXT TIME

Breathe, Breathe, Goooooze Frabaaaah!
    Im doctoring right now, a little worried and freaked out.. i hope it works!
    Thanks, next time i will use webos doctor versions! it was way easier to do that!
    Quote Originally Posted by misslarrew View Post
    Thanks, next time i will use webos doctor versions! it was way easier to do that!
    You're welcome.
    btw... I dont want to be rude, but there might be a thrid culprit to why your phone started logging out of your profile:

you.

People on these forums LOVE to blame Palm and their provider for their phones issues but guess what?

If you hack and modify your phone in a way that it wasn't intended with Preware and homebrew patches, you then CANNOT put blame towards Palm and your provider.

Although we are fortunate enough on WebOS to VERY EASILY hack our phones, it tends to make us forget that we are modifying them in a way that they werent intended.

Easy or not, this is beta untested stuff we are doing.

As soon as you turn that little knob in Developer Mode to ON, you cannot blame any issues on anyone but yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    btw... I dont want to be rude, but there might be a thrid culprit to why your phone started logging out of your profile:

you.

People on these forums LOVE to blame Palm and their provider for their phones issues but guess what?

If you hack and modify your phone in a way that it wasn't intended with Preware and homebrew patches, you then CANNOT put blame towards Palm and your provider.

Although we are fortunate enough on WebOS to VERY EASILY hack our phones, it tends to make us forget that we are modifying them in a way that they werent intended.

Easy or not, this is beta untested stuff we are doing.

As soon as you turn that little knob in Developer Mode to ON, you cannot blame any issues on anyone but yourself.
    This is a very good point - I have seen several threads on this forum that could be the result of users patching or installing kernels rather then hardware or sanctioned software issues.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  11.    #11  
    Point taken....
    My bad. I want it all. I want it yesterday, and I want it to always work regardless of what I do to it.
    In this regard the Palm Pre is the WORST....with the exception of all the rest.
    Just a note hope if this helps i doctored my phone because i was going to have repaired and didn't want Sprint to see my apps i did notice that it went back to 1.4.1 after this so i just updated to 1.4.5 before i reloaded everything i just thought it was part of the procedure. So to me a good idea would be if u doctor check your version berfore u do anything doing the update wasn't that bad rather than just keep doctoring over and over again.
    P.S. I don't post much but i read daily and would like to thank the whole site for making this Palm device the best one i have had so far. I have been able to easily solve every problem i have had with my pre by just reading the questions were allready here Thanks
    Last edited by Deeman71; 10/02/2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: adding thanks
  13.    #13  
    Unfortunately the links on the Webos versions site don't work for Bell mobility and when you go through Palm's download you end up with 1.4.1. This wouldn't be so bad if it was easy to download the update over the air - but it isn't!
    In my original rant I was upset because of this. While I now admit that I was being a baby, I can't help but wonder why palm doesn't host the latest doctor version on their servers or why the download from Bell has so much difficulty validating. I think 8 tries is excessive.
    I've had to doctor once, on my current phone's predecessor, and once it was all said and done, had to update to get the current 1.4.5, and I was sure that I had the 1.4.5 webOSDoctor version. Was easily fixed by an OTA update followed by an EFstabFix.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel