1.    #1  
    I don't know if this is commonly accepted knowledge or not, but I thought I'd share in case it wasn't. After setting up Google Voice to be my primary voicemailbox, I quickly learned that checking my voicemail was no "easy" task. So what I did to make the process work for me was this: I went into "Phone Preferences" and where it says "Voicemail Number" I simply made a note of what that number was, and then changed it to my Google Voice number. Now whenever I dial into my voicemail using the voicemail button on the Pre's dialer, it goes straight to my Google Voice account.

Hopefully this information will be useful to someone.
    Woah, I don't have Voicemail Number in Phone Preferences. How did you get it?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Woah, I don't have Voicemail Number in Phone Preferences. How did you get it?
    I suppose maybe it's a carrier specific option? I have ATT.
    Yes, Sprint doesn't give that option. Sprint voicemail is also your own phone number.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I just click the email link it sends me when someone leaves a voicemail and then it plays the voicemail for me.
    Is your phone able to provide you native voicemail notifications or do you have to get the GV emails?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangeschoolbus View Post
    I don't know if this is commonly accepted knowledge or not, but I thought I'd share in case it wasn't. After setting up Google Voice to be my primary voicemailbox, I quickly learned that checking my voicemail was no "easy" task. So what I did to make the process work for me was this: I went into "Phone Preferences" and where it says "Voicemail Number" I simply made a note of what that number was, and then changed it to my Google Voice number. Now whenever I dial into my voicemail using the voicemail button on the Pre's dialer, it goes straight to my Google Voice account.

Hopefully this information will be useful to someone.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am using YouView and all my google voice voice-mails go to my YouView app.
    dang man, you got me excited. but meh, i've got all my voicemails (sprint number and gv number) being forwarded to my google voice inbox.