Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Good luck with getting a sprint store to replace it. I had three of them tell me to pound sand before I finally got around to calling palm. Annoying, very annoying.

Of course now that the problem has been well recognized this may no longer be the case.
    I know you said you didn't drop or otherwise roughhouse before this happened and don't mean to insinuate you're lying BUT you'll have to consider that damage like that does look like the result of violence and/or too much force applied when going to Sprint for it.

They'd go bankrupt in a week if they'd replace any phone with considerable, visible external damage because the guy who walked in would swear that it "just happened all by itself in front of my eyes, as if by a ghostly hand"...
    godshapedhole - It's an internal fracture of the touchscreen. It's -not- through the plastic covering the touchscreen face.

In all four instances I had this happen there was not a SINGLE mar on the face of the phone, or any indication that it had been abused or misused. Look at the picture the OP posted. There is no indication of damage outside of the internal peacock.

Of course, people at sprint just told me I must have dropped it and damaged it. I was babying this phone like a newborn - my first one was 5 days old and had barely left it's pouch!
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I know you said you didn't drop or otherwise roughhouse before this happened and don't mean to insinuate you're lying BUT you'll have to consider that damage like that does look like the result of violence and/or too much force applied when going to Sprint for it.

They'd go bankrupt in a week if they'd replace any phone with considerable, visible external damage because the guy who walked in would swear that it "just happened all by itself in front of my eyes, as if by a ghostly hand"...
    Ncinerate is correct. You can tell the fractures are internal and not on the surface. But you're right that Sprint might still give me problems. I'm just going to tell them what happened and how other people are having the same issue and hopefully they'll replace it. If not, I'll contact Palm.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  5.    #45  
    Well I went to the Sprint repair center and they ordered me a new one under warranty! He mentioned that the only reason he could do it is because the fractures are originating from the bottom-center of the screen. It's a known issue with the Pres.

So Pre #4 will arrive early next week. I hope this one can last at least until the next Palm device comes out. I'm sick of having to backup and restore everything.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Good to hear sprint is living up to fixing this nowadays. It's absolutely a warranty issue but when it was happening back in the day Sprint was flat out refusing to do anything.

Guess they finally got the memo .
    I had the exact same thing happen and sprint told me they could not do anything but go through insurance and pay the 100 dollar deductible. so i went on ebay and bought a lcd screen and digitizer for 45 bucks shipped. It took about 2 hours but i got it together and working! It really gave me a new appreciation for my palm! Just an Idea if some of you get turned down like me. I had no experience working on cell phones but i found a youtube link showing me how to do it and it actually worked!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123