1.    #1  
    I bricked my phone -- my dr. d/c's at like 9% saying i don't have the right drivers

can anyone confirm if Windows 7 X64 works with webOS dr ?

if not I think I may be the first person ever to brick his pre (won't work for me)
    Yes, WebOS Doctor works in Windows 7 x64.
    You need to install palm(usb)driver, sometimes it doesn't automatically install itself~when your phone is connected to your PC.
    Last edited by RUSH; 10/01/2010 at 07:50 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    You need to install palm(usb)driver.
    where do i find that ? sorry im ,kinda new
    One of the easiest way is to install Webos Quick Install and run the (Re)Install Novacom in the options/preferences menu.

Also you can install the Palm Emulator/Dev stuff which also gets it all working perfectly for you but includes a little bit more downloading, but this is the way I usually go about getting it to work on my Windows 7 x64.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    One of the easiest way is to install Webos Quick Install and run the (Re)Install Novacom in the options/preferences menu.

Also you can install the Palm Emulator/Dev stuff which also gets it all working perfectly for you but includes a little bit more downloading, but this is the way I usually go about getting it to work on my Windows 7 x64.
    ok im d/l virtualbox and palm SDK for win 64 hopefully after i install it and restart my computer it will all work

stay tuned guys
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post

downloaded the X64 dev stuff SDK etc. downloaded busy box. downloaded some sprint x64 drivers (even tho im bell)

rebooted -- i still get d/c by the doctor

can anyone please tell me how to dr. my phone on windows X64
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I only use Windows 7 Pro 64 bit currently. I remember installing the SDK stuff initially, and ever since then, all the webOS doctors from the official Palm website have worked for my phone. Win x64 can run 32 bit programs, so as long as you got the drivers to install, then you normally shouldn't have many problems.

Make sure you use are using a main USB plugs on your PC, normally the ones in the back, and also try to unplug things you don't need at the time, like USB drives, or peripherals. One thing to check when you plug in your phone in USB mode, go to you Control Panel>System>Device Manager, and you should see "Palm Novacom Modules" listed in the list of devices.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    I just doctored my phone a few days ago with my Windows 7 machine (64-bit). All I installed was webOS Quick Install and used it to (Re)Install Novacom and turned on Developer Mode and the doctor worked just fine.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Getting Novacom installed is the key. I had to futz around a lot to get that on my Win7-64. Then it worked. Just search for Novacom here or on Google with WebOS, and there are some good instruction posts.

Don't get too flustered - if you work at it, you'll get it. DO remember to uninstall failed installs completely (rip out the directories after you uninstall from Windows Control Panel) and use the WebOS QuickInstall stuff from this forum and you'll get it.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroven Taulrok View Post
    I just doctored my phone a few days ago with my Windows 7 machine (64-bit). All I installed was webOS Quick Install and used it to (Re)Install Novacom and turned on Developer Mode and the doctor worked just fine.
    thing is i don't know if developer mode is on or not ...

my phone just bricked by itself today when i took the battery out (so my friend could active my phone from his bell store)

i have done everything so far to no avail
    No need for devmode!

Reboot computer, turn off Pre, Plug in usb cable while holding the up volume button to put Pre into bootie mode. Once the Pre is in bootie mode unplug usb, Start the WebOsDr and Plug the Pre back in when Prompted.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

lol. I have read your threads and i love your posts. You have picked the right avatar. LOL
    +1 aint no doubt
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    Ignore that... It works fine on Windows 7. The most common issue is getting the Novacom drivers to install correctly on that OS. If you have issues with that part, just read the following thread. It will guide you quickly through the process...

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html

You don't need to be in Developer Mode to run the Doctor. It is designed to bypass that requirement since it is simply restoring your phone's OS to the original state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    Palm(usb)driver is a program that is needed to for most operation...Occasionally, some Windows and hardware combinations will ask you to locate the driver for your device. The device driver is already on your PC but you need to let Windows know where it is located manually. Follow these steps > With the New Hardware Wizard on the screen, click the Cancel button.
    Restart your computer.
    Attempt another HotSync operation.
    If the HotSync operation succeeds, congratulations, you're done. If Windows launches the New Hardware Wizard again:

Select the button "Display a list of all the drivers in a specific location" (or "Browse")
    Find one of these:
    VisorUsb.inf OR
    PalmUSB.sys
    (but not PalmUSBD.sys)
    ... in one of these locations:

C:\Program Files\palmOne\Drivers OR
    C:\Program Files\Palm\Drivers OR
    C:\Program Files\Handspring\Drivers OR
    C:\Windows\inf
    Then click Next.
    Allow the wizard to finish, then attempt a HotSync operation.

Novacomd and Java 1.6 or later are also two important programs to have running on your PC to accomplish your task.
    You guys are confusing the situation, The op just wants to run the Dr. Hes not trying to homebrew or root, Just Dr.
    Theres no need for all of the setting up novacom stuff or devmode, just Put the device in bootie mode and run the Dr.

The only requirement for the Dr is to have Java installed.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.