1.    #1  
    just got my first Skinomi in the mail today. i wanna know who else has installed just the screen protector, and how long u let it dry? the instructions say 12-24 hours, so which did u do, 12 hours? 16 hours? 2 days? how long do you think i should let it dry? and how many other ppl got some water in the microphone port ?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    I left it overnight, as long as your careful enough not to get it soaked it'll be fine after that much time.

And the water/solution won't damage any of the parts so long as they completely dry before you put the battery in. If your scared, it wouldn't hurt to let it sit a little longer, or put it near the sun or under a fan for a little while before you give it a try.
    I put a Best Skins Ever on just the front of mine. I let it dry overnight (applied it around 7pm) and put a slightly warm hair dryer on it on and off (just shorts spurts so as not to get too hot) and then used it very carefully. I also used my bluetooth headset for calls until 24 hours passed.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  4.    #4  

i have 2 45 CFM fans cooling my PS3 and the force of the fans pushes out and around and also helps cool my PS2. so i figured ill put the Pre on top of the PS2 for the night and honestly thats a LOT of cool air flowing. hopefully by morning it will be safe to cut her on.

notice what Xbox games are good for
    Last edited by bradenfontaine; 09/30/2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    i have 2 45 CFM fans cooling my PS3 and the force of the fans pushes out and around and also helps cool my PS2.
    Do you live in a volcano?
    Come play with my Twitter.
  6.    #6  
    nah, my house is around 68ish. nothing wrong with being cautious. i did burn up three 360's and that mighta made me a lil... hot headed. you guys should see my flat screen set-up
  7.    #7  
    i messed up on two spots.

got one small piece of dirt under the top part

didnt get the microphone port hole just right. but all in all i do like it. its got a little tacky feeling, but i notice the more i use it the less tacky it gets. wondering if its the oils in my fingers that makes it slick. lets see how it holds up to a whole day @ the shop!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I used the wrap around Skinomi and it started to peel off after 2 weeks. The little tabs that wrap on the corners are tricky to do and that's what pulled up. Sent in for a replacement a few days ago
    I have had my Skinomi screen replaced once. The new one is having the same problem with a small area on the upper right side lifting up. Odd.

It took me a couple of email to get Skinomi to process my replacement order.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  10.    #10  
    I'm a mechanic @ a bike & ATV Shop. I'm always filthy. So far this morning I've done 2 valve jobs and a top end. I'm amazed how well my fingerprints are not showing. I don't have the whole wrap around. Jst the screen protector. I'm not seeing anything negative that wasn't caused by me. We shall see how she does through out the day.
  11.    #11  
    skinomi looks great, feels great, and works quite well. I would suggest to anyone looking for a quality protector. Now lets see if I can convert Ultra...
    has anyone tried their 'dry' skins? i have the 'wet' one and love it- but see they have a new one online and i'm wondering what its like.