1.    #1  
    I just bought a launch day palm pre (amazingly no significant problems) from a friend who upgraded recently. It's been deactivated and the ESN is clear. does anyone know of a way to sign up for a service (any service!) w/o a contract? i tried boost and v-mo but apparently you can't activate a sprint "exclusive" phone there. sooo i caved and decided to spend the $70/month to hv a pre on sprint but when i called them up to set up an account and activate, they told me all new customers have to sign up with a contract. ***?

anyone out there have any experience/advice using a palm pre contract free?
    Sprint doesn't do no contract or month-to-month plans. Yes you'd need to do a contract even though you have a phone already.
    I believe Verizon offers the Palm Pre Plus on no contract plans.
    You can, (don't know why you would want to), get your phone flashed to Cricket.................................... yeah, I wouldn't do it either.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    sprint must be crazy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    sprint must be crazy...
    Why?
    someone wants to be a customer and they womt take him without a contract. That's crazy
    If a person purchases a phone from Sprint they can do a no contact by paying for the full cost of the phone.

If a person brings a phone to them they want to ensure they will have a customer. I believe it is a 1 year contract.

If a person wants to purchase a phone at discounted rates they get either a 1 year or 2 year contract.

After their contract they can go month to month.

Sprint does not do a prepay service at all. They have no burn phones.

I don't see a problem with this at all.

I think after a year with good paying you get Premier status and can upgrade yearly if you so choose. They also have one of the cheapest cost for service around.
    i love sprint, wouldnt go anywhere else
    I love Sprint too. DH has Verizon and hates them. However I do have a Verizon Prepay phone we use as a house phone.
    Just to be clear, you can have a Premier account with Sprint if you have a single base monthly account of $69.99 or more or a family account of $99.99 or more and have an account with good standing with them. Or you could be with them for 10 years.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    You can use it on WiFi only without activating it, but that means no phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    Just to be clear, you can have a Premier account with Sprint if you have a single base monthly account of $69.99 or more or a family account of $99.99 or more and have an account with good standing with them. Or you could be with them for 10 years.
    Not sure I understand you. If you have a smart phone it would be wise to have the $69.99 unlimited everything data. Just sayin'.

I have a premier account not sure how or why but I've been with them for about 8 years. I've had monthly costs all over the place but since the Everything data's have been out I've had the cheapest one of those.