Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thought you couldn't brick this phone ?

Mind you it's pretty old (over a year) and it's been through alot

I had it working today. My buddy from bell set me up (my old phone died so im back to the pre for now)

So I start it up .. the Palm logo comes on ... it doesn't even glow ... then it just disappears and resets and the Palm logo comes back on .. etc. over and over again

This seems like a hard ware issue .

Am i screwed ?
    take the battery out, plug the usb cable into a wall outlet, then into the pre. replace battery and turn the phone on
    what did you do to it recently, if you don't describe as much details about your situation, how can you expect anyone to help you.

that's like saying my car isn't working, can you fix it?

more info is better than no info..

sj
    No...Just go into recovery mode and doctor it.

Shut the Pre off. Hold the volume up button and then push the power button. You are gonna see something that looks like a USB on the screen. Then proceed to Doctor.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    take the battery out, plug the usb cable into a wall outlet, then into the pre. replace battery and turn the phone on
    USB is at home - I guess i will try when I get home

have you seen this before ?
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Yes, usually corruption in the boot portion of the software. Dr. should get you rolling again.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    what did you do to it recently, if you don't describe as much details about your situation, how can you expect anyone to help you.

that's like saying my car isn't working, can you fix it?

more info is better than no info..

sj
    I didn't do anything to it - I had an android galaxy s and had been using that for a few months. But that TOO bricked (stupid Samsung they didn't put a recovery mode on the Canadian version of the phone)

So it was working fine (sorta). I had it working for the past few days (although i had no phone connection) then today I called up my buddy who works at the store and he's like take the battery out and tell me the # on the back Ill get it working) so he activated it

Then when I put it back on - it just says Palm then the Palm logo like disappears as if it's turning off.. the colors just go fuzzy and it disappears -- then it resets again over and over.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post

Shut the Pre off. Hold the volume up button and then push the power button. You are gonna see something that looks like a USB on the screen. Then proceed to Doctor.
    I have never doctord before

Kinda new in that dept.

Any references ? I'm just not sure how to do it (i don't have the USB cord either I left it at home)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post

I took the battery out -- so the phone is off. I put the battery in (while holding the volume up) and pressed power to turn it on (still while holding the volume up)

I don't see no USB thing.

It just sits there then resets again.

Ummmmm ? bricked ? lol
    1) pull out battery
    2) plug into usb charger
    3) push and hold volume up
    4) while holding volume up, insert battery

welcome to usb mode

then you just have to download, install, and run webos doctor available from the palm site
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb2147 View Post
    1) pull out battery
    2) plug into usb charger
    3) push and hold volume up
    4) while holding volume up, insert battery

welcome to usb mode

then you just have to download, install, and run webos doctor available from the palm site
    I forget which version of the pre i have -- does it matter which doctor to use ? I know i haven't updated it in like 2-3 months
    just pick the latest one for your carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    I forget which version of the pre i have -- does it matter which doctor to use ? I know i haven't updated it in like 2-3 months
    I once "bricked" my palm pilot. Come down and breath. Read the important threads and you will get it.
    I have never doctord before

Kinda new in that dept.

Any references ? I'm just not sure how to do it (i don't have the USB cord either I left it at home)
    You can download the WebOS Doctor from Palm's website here: www.palm.com/rom. It'll ask you for your serial number. Follow the prompts, download it, and hook your phone up and you should be good.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  15.    #15  
    Ok I am going to try this when I get home later tonight (as I don't have a USB cord here)

I can almost assure you my phone is bricked. Has anyone ever been able to brick their pre before ?

Also, do I lose all my contacts if I dr. ????
    Ok I am going to try this when I get home later tonight (as I don't have a USB cord here)

I can almost assure you my phone is bricked. Has anyone ever been able to brick their pre before ?

Also, do I lose all my contacts if I dr. ????
    You really need to come down and think.
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $no$ $one$ $has$ $bricked$ $the$ $phone$. $How$ $do$ $you$ $sync$ $your$ $contacts$. $Google$ $or$ $Palm$? $If$ $it$'$s$ $google$ $check$ $with$ $gmail$.$com$ $to$ $have$ $them$ $all$. $Else$ $did$ $you$ $monitored$ $the$ $palm$ $backups$? = $When$ $was$ $the$ $last$ $successful$ $backup$ $to$ $your$ $palm$ $profile$.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    You really need to come down and think.
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $no$ $one$ $has$ $bricked$ $the$ $phone$. $How$ $do$ $you$ $sync$ $your$ $contacts$. $Google$ $or$ $Palm$? $If$ $it$'$s$ $google$ $check$ $with$ $gmail$.$com$ $to$ $have$ $them$ $all$. $Else$ $did$ $you$ $monitored$ $the$ $palm$ $backups$? = $When$ $was$ $the$ $last$ $successful$ $backup$ $to$ $your$ $palm$ $profile$.

I honestly can't remember - it's been a while

My Galaxy S is bricked (cause samsung is a bunch f morons and forgot to enable download/recovery mode -- their fault b/c now they have to deal with THOUSANDS of bricked phones... literally my buddy works for bell and said they can't handle the volume of bricked phones... he's got hundreds in his store alone just sitting there) so I lost all my contacts on that phone

I am just gonna assume this phone's contacts are lost too.

Just LOVE starting back at Zero.
    Don't panic.
    Do you have a gmail account? Log into it with a PC/MAC and look at you contacts.
    Try this: "power on and hold volume up at same time". With this you may be able to get the pre into USB mode. Then you can save all pictures, videos and so on.
    Then try the same with webos quick install. You may be able to access the filesystem of the pre.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Don't panic.
    Do you have a gmail account? Log into it with a PC/MAC and look at you contacts.
    Try this: "power on and hold volume up at same time". With this you may be able to get the pre into USB mode. Then you can save all pictures, videos and so on.
    Then try the same with webos quick install. You may be able to access the filesystem of the pre.
    How would you be able to save the contacts via USB mode

In google mail, I don't have any phone contacts -- just google mail contacts. Nothing from my pre and nothing from my android Galaxy
    If you can get WebOS-QuickInstall to connect you have access to the whole filesystem of the pre. You can save some database files where this info is stored in. Restoring it on the same device at the same version is safe.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast