1.    #1  
    The other day I paid for and downloaded the Angry Birds app. While it was downloading, my phone lost connection/froze up. When the phone came back to life, I saw the icon. I tried to click on it and nothing would happen. I went back into the app catalog to try to 'finish' downloading it and it did nothing. I deleted the app and tried again. when I go back into the app catalog, it shows that I can download the app for free (since my card was already charged) but when I click on "download for free" it does switch to "downloading..." but never actually does anything. Anyone know how to fix this so I can get and play the app I paid for?

Thanks...
    Did you try a reboot after deleting the app before trying to re-download it?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  3.    #3  
    Yes. Forgot to mention that, sorry.
    Sounds like something got corrupted. Is this the only app that is giving you issues? If you don't mind losing your call log and text messages you should doctor your phone and start from scratch. All your settings and apps will be restored. Just make sure you delete Angry Birds first and run a manual backup.

You will also have to re-install any home brew apps and patches if you doctor.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    how did you delete the app? i have deleted apps in the launcher menu that didnt really go away till i "uninstalled" using preware. its like they leave behind bread crumbs that confuse the phone when you try to reinstall or something.

also i've had issues where the app is listed twice in launcher so maybe you have two files (one from before crash and one from after reboot) so i swiped away one and it deleted that way. then i uninstalled and reinstalled using preware just to be sure.
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
  6.    #6  
    it is the only app that has given me problems. I have even been able to download angry birds lite since then without any problems.
    Try the "Erase Apps & Data" option in the Reset Options.
  8.    #8  
    I tried to delete from the preware but it wasn't even listed as an application. The angry birds lite was listed but not the one I paid for.

Ideally, I was trying to find a way to fix this without erasing all my apps, texts, etc....
    start a chat session with palm support and they will fix it in your profile
    Noooooo lol.
    Go into the crytops folder and deleted the angry bird folder and files inside the "apps" folder. Restart phone and try downloading again. Btw, try deleting with internalz...
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Noooooo lol.
    Go into the crytops folder and deleted the angry bird folder and files inside the "apps" folder. Restart phone and try downloading again. Btw, try deleting with internalz...
    Palm Support was worthless.

There is a folder there called:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.rovio.angrybirds-lite/

There is not one for the paid program.

I uninstalled AB-Lite and now there are no com.rovio folders. No mention of AB shows up in preware. But I still cannot download it - it just sits there acting like it is downloading without ever actually changing the download bar. I have let it sit for as long as an hour near my wifi connection - nothing.

Are there any other places where information about this program could be hiding that is hanging it up?
    couldnt Hardbeatz help?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    i tried to find my angry birds file but couldnt even though it works fine on my pre so kudos to you for finding that. sorry it didn't help you with your problem though.

i did find a file inside the savedrestore folder that i forgot i had and was able to remove it. so maybe a 'crumb' from the half downloaded AB file you're looking for is in the downloads folder or, if you have the save/restore app (its one of the penquin guys if you dont remeber what the app looks like) like me and forgot about it, it may be in the save restore app.

one other possibility is to try deleting it from an app other than preware(since you said it doesnt show up in preware). preload is an older one you may remember that lists all your apps and you can delete by clicking the red x when you tap on the program info. i actually just found one i've been trying to get rid of forever and i'm trying to delete it here as well. it doesnt show up on my launcher but app store keeps telling me to update it and then it hangs like you described. so preload recognized the app and hopefully it will delete from here.

if you dont have preload i'm sure its in preware or filecoaster. good luck. i love this game
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    on one occasion I had an app tgat was similarly corrupted or something of the sort.

preware could not find it, however webos quickinstall did and was able to successfully remove it.

this was months and months ago, so I don't know if it would help you but worth a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    couldnt Hardbeatz help?
    Official Palm answer is going to be try erase apps and data since other troubleshooting steps have been tried.

WOSQI might however be able to find the app and remove it for you

Outside of that we can get logs from your device to find out what is going on in the backend of the device to see if we can fix the issue to keep it from occurring again in the future.

If you want to provide log files for your particular issue send me a PM and I'll provide you with all the information you need.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I think the frogs sabotaged ur Pre! Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by vickithepa View Post
    Palm Support was worthless.

There is a folder there called:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.rovio.angrybirds-lite/

There is not one for the paid program.

I uninstalled AB-Lite and now there are no com.rovio folders. No mention of AB shows up in preware. But I still cannot download it - it just sits there acting like it is downloading without ever actually changing the download bar. I have let it sit for as long as an hour near my wifi connection - nothing.

Are there any other places where information about this program could be hiding that is hanging it up?
    Delete the whole rovio folder. Restart Pre and try downloading again.
    Or....

I'll PM you some something. And give you instructions on how to do it without deleting all your apps
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Delete the whole rovio folder. Restart Pre and try downloading again.
    Or....

I'll PM you some something. And give you instructions on how to do it without deleting all your apps
    Thanks to everyone for trying to help. Jason Black finally got me straightened out and I am off to waste hours killing pigs.

Thanks!
    Hey friends! I know that this is an old thread but I have the same problem that is not yet resolved. I got another Palm Pixi Plus for my wife and it has never successfully run Angry Birds Lite or Angry Birds Seasons Free. The launcher glows on each one when selected, then the screen goes black. Nothing else happens but I am able to slide the (black) card away and then continue to use the phone normally.

Jason Black, if you are still around, can you please assist me, too?

This unit was meta-doctored to 1.4.5.1 just prior to activation on pageplus. The big problem during activation is that I signed it into an existing palm profile, not realizing that I could not have more than one phone per profile. So, after I logged it with this new phone, it blew out my existing phone. When I logged back in my existing palm pixi plus to the profile, it blew out this new phone (and deleted all the apps, too.) I then created a new profile just for the new phone and then all seemed to work normally except for Angry Birds Lite and Angry Birds Seasons free.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both multiple times (uninstalled via Preware.) I also reinstalled Uberkernel. Tried launching both (after uninstalling and reinstalling) with recovery kernel, too. I confirmed (with internalz) that removing both completely removed the rovio folder (and, of course, all subfolders.)

All other apps seem to run just fine. Any help? I would really prefer not to do a fresh doctor if possible.

Thanks.