Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, every time I get my power management sorted out, somebody updates something and my device becomes a power hog again. Right now, I go through two charges in a day and I barely do anything with the phone. I used to get through a whole day (12-16 hours) on one charge with no boost. Now, kill the battery by between noon and 2, and have to replace or recharge.

I would be willing to invest in an extended battery but I really need the following:

1) One that actually works (i.e., extends battery life enough to be worth purchasing)

2) One that fits in the regular battery housing and works with the Touchstone cover

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    This would be the Mugen Power 1400mAh.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    +1 much better then the sedio
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Yep mugen 1400 has served me well, but your drain seems way high for not using your phone much.

Example; I listen to mp3's for about 3 hours, talk on the phone for about half an hour, web browse(mostly on p|c) off and on for about 3 to 4 hours also a random email, text, youtube vid and a game here and there. At the end of a 8.5 hour work day I still have around 20% battery left, all with gps and google services on, with weatherman updating hourly.

Now that's with the mugen 1400, but with the stock battery it would barely just make it through all that.
    Another satisfied MUGEN!!! 1400 customer here!
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 09/30/2010 at 04:16 AM.
    <typo fixed by GodShapedHole>
    Last edited by somline; 09/30/2010 at 10:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    +1 much better then the sedio
    Thanks for adding your opinion, I find it is important to hear the positive feedback. If I am going to spend the bucks, I want to hear the positive.
    Maybe my post was to short without you searching in the forum.
    I'm the developer of the Dr.Battery app. We have a lot of responses from members regarding the quality of extended batteries.
    It turned out that the Mugen 1400 is the best choice for an extended standard size battery.
    I just bought one.
    this:

http://www.precentral.net/review-sei...ade-new-mexico

I love the work that steve did for my phone's battery pack + touchstone cover. i never worry about replacing the battery or have to think twice about charging it except when i'm sleeping. pricey, but ultimately worth it.
    Seidio don't have a 1400. Not even the 1350 are actually 1350.
    Argh, you're right of course. 'Twas a typo...
    I've got a Mugen 1400 - and am totally satisfied with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HIYinOR View Post
    Thanks for adding your opinion, I find it is important to hear the positive feedback. If I am going to spend the bucks, I want to hear the positive.
    You do need to listen to the negative too though. You could buy a 1350mAh battery and end up with 1150mAh.
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts
    does this mugen 1400 work with the touchstone?
    It has the same size as the std. Palm battery. No need for dif. Backcover = yes.
    This is what the op ask for and we name it standard size.
    Mugen 1400 seems to be working out for me. I also have another one for back up. Great batt.(IMO)
    ordered one almost 2 weeks ago,,any day now I should have it,,,,the sedio one did nothing for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasqid View Post
    does this mugen 1400 work with the touchstone?
    yes
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    Yep mugen 1400 has served me well, but your drain seems way high for not using your phone much.

Example; I listen to mp3's for about 3 hours, talk on the phone for about half an hour, web browse(mostly on p|c) off and on for about 3 to 4 hours also a random email, text, youtube vid and a game here and there. At the end of a 8.5 hour work day I still have around 20% battery left, all with gps and google services on, with weatherman updating hourly.

Now that's with the mugen 1400, but with the stock battery it would barely just make it through all that.
    I used to be able to make an hour or so worth of calls, hundreds of texts, listen to an hour or so of music, read whatever I wanted, check email and surf this site compulsively, and still have 20-40% left after 12-16 hours of use. Now, I have to charge throughout the day, whereever I can, just to make it through.

I see the issue as multi-faceted:

1) Each device has it's own personality

2) Each WebOS update undoes any power management optimization that the Hombrew folks manage to build into their stuff.

3) While the over clocking options are dramatically improved in both performance and stability, they have backslid a LOT in terms of battery life.

4) While some configurations allow you to change at will with no ill-effects, some leave lasting negative effects, forcing repairs and doctoring.

At any rate, I know many have just caved, and are making sure they charge constantly, carry extra batteries or use an extended battery. Perhaps that's the best way? So, I just ordered my Mugen. Wish me luck!

Thanks again to all!
    Last edited by pelikan3; 09/30/2010 at 09:20 AM.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
  18.    #18  
    Is there a best method for first time charging of the Mugen and for charging for best performance? For instance, should I use it right out of the box, drain it all the way down, then charge for at least x-number of hours? Should I regularly top it off, or drain it down to zero?

I used to think that Lithium Ion and polymer batteries were immune to burn in, performance issues due to charging methods. Now, I understand this is not the case?
    Yes there is and comes with the battery. Actual there is a (long) thread only about this battery.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I didn't have this problem.....until Angry Birds!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast