1.    #1  
    I purchased a *locked* ATT Palm Pre Plus, after reading and bookmarking countless posts, I have not only unlocked my Pre Plus, I have a 3G connection on a brand new SaskTel network. Fortunately I had a friend with a Galaxy S, which had the MMC and MNC settings in them, as my googling these numbers was fruitless.

I added my carrier to the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file by adding a record and duplicating various Rogers Wireless settings, substituting in SaskTel values when possible.

If anyone else out there is interested in the relevant Sasktel APN information, here it is:

APN: inet.stm.sk.ca
    Username:
    Password:
    MMS APN: proxy.stm.sk.ca
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.sasktel.net
    MMS port: 80
    MMC: 302
    MNC: 780

Thanks for all the posts!
    Glad to hear your up and running!

Sasktel has their HSPA network up?! Does the coverge match that of the CDMA footprint.

My mother has been using a CDMA USB modem on the farm for Internet (near PA) but x1 is the best she can do and Rogers coverage blows.
  3.    #3  
    I think they do have coverage in Prince Albert. I believe the coverage is limited now and not even close to the CDMA coverage, but they will be working on expanding over the next several years.

I found a list of the sites Sasktel is currently covering with 3G.
    3G+ Rollout Schedule - Mobility - SaskTel

Hopefully your mother can get a bit better of a net connection. 1x would feel like the 14,400 baud modem days!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    My Galaxy S has only the APN in the settings. What is the MMS, MMC, & MMSC setting used for and do they need a username and password?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSuzi View Post
    I purchased a *locked* ATT Palm Pre Plus, after reading and bookmarking countless posts, I have not only unlocked my Pre Plus, I have a 3G connection on a brand new SaskTel network. Fortunately I had a friend with a Galaxy S, which had the MMC and MNC settings in them, as my googling these numbers was fruitless.

I added my carrier to the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file by adding a record and duplicating various Rogers Wireless settings, substituting in SaskTel values when possible.

If anyone else out there is interested in the relevant Sasktel APN information, here it is:

APN: inet.stm.sk.ca
    Username:
    Password:
    MMS APN: proxy.stm.sk.ca
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.sasktel.net
    MMS port: 80
    MMC: 302
    MNC: 780

Thanks for all the posts!
    wait so you are running a Palm Pre Plus on Rogers Wireless?? COOL!
    Nope...he is running it on Sasktel.
    even cooler.

Sidenote: It must be nice to run a cellphone company where there are no hills to get in the way of your signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    wait so you are running a Palm Pre Plus on Rogers Wireless?? COOL!
    Actually, we've (PreCentral) had members using Palm Pre's and Palm Pre Plus's with 3G connectivity on Rogers Wireless since February. Do a search for Rogers/Fido, and/or posts by ToniCipriani, Beast, and myself (TopTongueBarry).

Compatable devices (once unlocked) are the Telcel Palm Pre, and the AT&T Palm Pre Plus.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.