Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I looked at some forum posts about this topic and didn't see this solution or the question, so I thought I'd throw it out there instead of reviving dead threads.

So my phone has that issue where when you close the slider too fast it shuts off due to the battery disconnecting from the terminals real quick. I tried jamming some folded magazine into the top between the case and the battery but still saw the problem. I then folded the magazine up really small and inserted it between the terminals and the case. If you were to look at the terminals from the side, it looks like 3 triangles in a row, so you just put it in there. I think the issue is not so much the battery disconnecting, as the fact that those connectors move easily, so easily that a bump would disconnect them from the battery, not the other way around. This folded up magazine pushes the connectors to the battery, keeping them connected on jolts and preventing them from going inside the case and disconnecting. My question is... is there any hazard to the magazine lighting on fire? I know those can technically get pretty hot and there is electricity flowing through them, so I don't know if the paper will blow up. Would electrical tape be better? Is there any reason this is a bad solution given that the material used won't spontaneously combust (well I guess in this case, not spontaneously... but you get the idea)?
    Quote Originally Posted by zemoffm View Post
    I looked at some forum posts about this topic and didn't see this solution or the question, so I thought I'd throw it out there instead of reviving dead threads.

So my phone has that issue where when you close the slider too fast it shuts off due to the battery disconnecting from the terminals real quick. I tried jamming some folded magazine into the top between the case and the battery but still saw the problem. I then folded the magazine up really small and inserted it between the terminals and the case. If you were to look at the terminals from the side, it looks like 3 triangles in a row, so you just put it in there. I think the issue is not so much the battery disconnecting, as the fact that those connectors move easily, so easily that a bump would disconnect them from the battery, not the other way around. This folded up magazine pushes the connectors to the battery, keeping them connected on jolts and preventing them from going inside the case and disconnecting. My question is... is there any hazard to the magazine lighting on fire? I know those can technically get pretty hot and there is electricity flowing through them, so I don't know if the paper will blow up. Would electrical tape be better? Is there any reason this is a bad solution given that the material used won't spontaneously combust (well I guess in this case, not spontaneously... but you get the idea)?
    Go to your carrier and have them give you a new battery. Better yet, chat with Palm and they will replace you battery for free. Just tell them the samething. I believe its an issue with the battery. You need to get it changed.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I only had that problem when I used a 'cheapo' 'not Palm brand' battery. When I got my replacement Pre I can't even get it to start up with that battery.

Luckily I had bought DH a 2nd Palm Battery and when he ran over his Pre (total accident) we got him a replacement phone with insurance it came with another battery so we have 4 Palm batteries and 3 charging cords.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Ok will do that. Just wasn't sure if it was an "official" thing. I mean I bought this just a few months ago from the ATT store brand new (Pre plus), so I figured it would come with the new battery, and the fact that I was seeing this was something else. I'll give them a call, but still kinda curious, if this continues even with a new battery, if my phone would light on fire or be damaged in any way with a fix like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zemoffm View Post
    Ok will do that. Just wasn't sure if it was an "official" thing. I mean I bought this just a few months ago from the ATT store brand new (Pre plus), so I figured it would come with the new battery, and the fact that I was seeing this was something else. I'll give them a call, but still kinda curious, if this continues even with a new battery, if my phone would light on fire or be damaged in any way with a fix like this.
    its most likely the battery. They're going to send you a different kind of battery. It should totally eliminate your issue because the battery will be tightly fitted.

the only alternative I know of is getting the battery replaced.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Yeah...if you ask me, Its actually smarter to get a free battery replacement

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    ...or place something to make the batt fit tightly inside. ^_^
    He said he did that in his OP!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I actually have 2 batteries for my Pre that do that. The original Palm battery and one of the spare centro batteries that I bought. When I need to use them, I wedge a piece of matchbook cover at the top.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!