1.    #1  
    Hello,

Just got my palm pre yesterday and it seems to have a slight wobble when closed. Side to side, not up and down.. this has been bothering me since i heard it can get a lot worse. Moreover, i think it has a dead pixel.. but its so small i dunno if its actually a dead pixel.. should i be worried? i can still exchange it.. should i goto the store and get a new one?

az
    Exchange it until you are satisfied, but yes, your problem is unfortunately not uncommon.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    you should have 30 days to get another new one. after that they send refurbs

Last edited by Cantaffordit; 09/29/2010 at 02:46 PM.
    Sounds like you have the "oreo" problem....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  5.    #5  
    hmm.. okay ill go get a new one tomorrow.. i didnt think u cud have these problems on a brand new phone.. i thought the problems sort of grew as the phone got older.. would they exchange the phone simple for this reason?? or do i have to lie and say its a software issue
    they all have a little play or the slider wouldn't work. keep that in mind. the true test is to press down on the area under the display (gesture area) and if that doesn't move up and down, you are fine.
  7.    #7  
    and the dead pixel? is there a way to make sure its really a dead pixel?
    get one of the free "flashlight" apps that will turn your screen into a solid color.
    There is a free fix dead pixel app. It worked on what I thought was a dead pixel but it really was just a stuck one.
    Quote Originally Posted by amunir View Post
    Hello,

Just got my palm pre yesterday and it seems to have a slight wobble when closed. Side to side, not up and down.. this has been bothering me since i heard it can get a lot worse. Moreover, i think it has a dead pixel.. but its so small i dunno if its actually a dead pixel.. should i be worried? i can still exchange it.. should i goto the store and get a new one?

az
    Go ahead and change that one, however, keep in mind that the next one can do the same thing..once you hold the two halves and slightly twist them. I had change about two phones for that reason. That's just how they were built.(unfortunately) The one I have now, I don't know if it have that twist, because I never decide to find out. Practice this method of never try twisting the two halves of your phone, and you won't have that problem. ^_^

Best of luck.
    Also trying to twist your phone can cause the 2 screws on the slide mechanism to become loose or even come out. Quit trying to do that.

FYI my best friend has a landscape sliding phone and her's has a bit of an oreo effect too so it isn't just related to the Palm phones.
  12.    #12  
    hmm.. so i guess the best bet is to get a new one.. and stop trying to twist it
    i was looking on youtube and i dont think i can post links yet but its from precentraldotnet user the video is Palm Pre Hardware Issues and mine twists just like that one.. i dont have a crack or anything but its the same amount of twist.. and i feel like im OCD i cant get over it.. i just keep playing with it.. hmm.. and the warranty is like 4.99 or 7 dollars a month.. hardly worth it IMO ..
    Here is a solution buy a hard case for it. It doesn't twist at all and unless you wanna break your phone you can't twist it.

I got my case from Sprint (silver and red w/black backs).

Warranty is not $4.99 or $7 a month. That is insurance. Warranty is 1 year from Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by amunir View Post
    Hello,
    , i think it has a dead pixel.. but its so small i dunno if its actually a dead pixel.. should i be worried?
    az
    If it's a very, very tiny dot, it's most likely part of the touchscreen. There's a grid of very small dots that you can see if you REALLY look for them or under certain lighting conditions.
  15.    #15  
    oh ya sorry well insurance.. is the one year warranty actually usable? and also I am from Canada and there is only 1 bell store near me.. and unfortunately they dont have any accessories for the Pre.. i even got a $75 accessories credit that I had to waste on junk.. because they dont have anything.. even the touchstone charger.. i have to find it somewhere else.. but i will defenately look into a case
  16.    #16  
    oh ya ive seen the grid.. its not a part of the grid.. i am just gonna try the dead pixel program now .. will update with results
  17.    #17  
    for some reason i cant find the app.. i even found it online through my pc and it had an option to send the link to my palm.. i did that and when i click the link it says the action could not be completed
    I'm in the states and used my palm warranty when my phone/mic went out (long storry not the Palm's fault I used a cheapo charger on vacation because mine quit on me).

I'll be happy to buy you a case and send it if you send me the money. I'm a good person like that. LOL!

I'm betting you could go to the Sprint site and buy it and have it shipped to you. You don't need an account for that -- at least I don't think so.
  19.    #19  
    i will have a look around for the case and see if i cant find it at a best buy or futureshop thanks for the offer
    Okey. Some people like the other cases but I love this one.