Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 116
  1.    #1  
    Day 1 Pre owners! Roll call!

    Still have my original Pre, a little dinged up, but patched out of its mind and still runs like a dream. I wonder if there are enough of us, maybe we can get some kind of cool forum tag under our screen names?
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  2. #2  
    No dings in mine, everything still works great, a very dependable phone for me. I had issues with the stuck in headphone mode in Sept. of 09, but quickly figured out that it was dust/debris in the headphone jack, cleaned it out and used a little wd40 to free up the trip mechanism, problem solved. Every couple of months I use this procedure to keep it clean.
  3. belvedere's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #3  
    yeah, mine's also a bit beat up. still running strong!
  4. #4  
    6/6/09 Sprint Pre. Still looks good with no major issues.
  5. #5  
    +1
  6. #6  
    Had mine since September 2009. A bit beat up, but working great!
  7. #7  
    I still have two day one Pres.
  8. jhp
    jhp is offline
    jhp's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    #8  
    Still have my launch day Pre, cracked from USB port right thru reload button on browser, patched up the ying-yang, OC'ed, working great.. I considered getting it replaced because of the crack, but it's strictly cosmetic (so far, anyways), and everything else is pretty much perfect, so why take a chance on a refurb?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhp View Post
    Still have my launch day Pre, cracked from USB port right thru reload button on browser, patched up the ying-yang, OC'ed, working great.. I considered getting it replaced because of the crack, but it's strictly cosmetic (so far, anyways), and everything else is pretty much perfect, so why take a chance on a refurb?
    I think my Pre has a guardian angel. I dropped it the other day and my power button was jammed so I couldn't turn my screen on or off using the power button. Well I went to bed and when I woke up my power button was back in place and working perfectly. Never in my life have I seen a phone that repairs itself! lol
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  10. #10  
    Here and running


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  11. Phillykef's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #11  
    I am a "Day 1 Pre Owner", but I'm on my 4th piece of hardware.

    Original Pre: had the famous USB port spider crack
    2nd Pre: would turn off when I quickly closed the slider
    3rd Pre: headphone jack problem, could not hear anything without bluetooth earpiece
    4th Pre: flawlessly running Uberkernal 500/1000 with ~28 patches, and it works great!

    I guess I'm just a very patient person. But at least I didn't have to pay anything to get each new unit.
  12. blz2's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    Day 1 Pre owners! Roll call!

    Still have my original Pre, a little dinged up, but patched out of its mind and still runs like a dream. I wonder if there are enough of us, maybe we can get some kind of cool forum tag under our screen names?
    A tag? Na, you should be getting a dang medal of honor! Maybe even Palm should pay you alot of cash for these rare phones. How you went this long on the same phone is nothing short of a miracle!!! It's actually unbelievable. I'm on my 3rd since the June release and my girlfriend is on her 4th (well it comes in the mail tomorrow) in 6 months. Let's hope HP can build reliable phones. Congratulations tho on your good luck!
  13. #13  
    i was a day 1 pre owner. had it replaced 4 times sadly. I know quite a few people that were day 1 owners... all of which are onto their second or third pres. Glad you guys were the lucky few to actually not have any problems. Wish I could say I'm a proud day 1 Pre 2 owner, but 15 months and counting... still waiting...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    A tag? Na, you should be getting a dang medal of honor! Maybe even Palm should pay you alot of cash for these rare phones. How you went this long on the same phone is nothing short of a miracle!!! It's actually unbelievable. I'm on my 3rd since the June release and my girlfriend is on her 4th (well it comes in the mail tomorrow) in 6 months. Let's hope HP can build reliable phones. Congratulations tho on your good luck!
    LOL!!!

    Sorry your experience hasn't been so great, but I know about 10 other people who have Pres (not from launch but for more than 6 months) who also have their originals. No oreo effects, no headphone jack issues, no spider cracks, etc. Maybe it is the great NJ weather.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  15. jnk5y's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #15  
    Still have my day 1 Pre. Slight oreo affect and slight scratch on the screen from the 2nd day when it slid out of my pocket while driving. With a plastic screen protector I don't even notice that anymore. Reboots randomly at least twice a week but I still like it. My first smartphone and I'm glad I went with it instead of any of the others. Sprint plan rocks because of price although it did take a while for me to get used to not having great coverage since I switched from Verizon.

    Can't wait (yes, i can wait actually) for 2.0 and the new hardware which I will upgrade to when Sprint tells me I'm able to.
  16. ray1b's Avatar
    Posts
    431 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    #16  
    I have a day 1 Pre. My power button is broken and my usb cover is missing. Waiting for new hardware.
  17. #17  
    throw me on the list too!
    Still in excellent shape, just a couple scratches on the screen otherwise still running like a champ!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jnk5y View Post
    Still have my day 1 Pre. Slight oreo affect and slight scratch on the screen from the 2nd day when it slid out of my pocket while driving. With a plastic screen protector I don't even notice that anymore. Reboots randomly at least twice a week but I still like it. My first smartphone and I'm glad I went with it instead of any of the others. Sprint plan rocks because of price although it did take a while for me to get used to not having great coverage since I switched from Verizon.

    Can't wait (yes, i can wait actually) for 2.0 and the new hardware which I will upgrade to when Sprint tells me I'm able to.



    You are getting random Luna restarts? Cause Compache(sp?) in Govnah might be able to fix that for you.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  19. #19  
    My Day -1 (Night Before Launch Party, woo hoo) Sprint Pre lasted almost 10 months. First the power died, then got the USB crack, and swapping batteries had issue. Replacement only lasted one month before it shattered? around the main launch button (spiderweb got clearer and more visible and larger every day for 3 days until it was useless). #3 still going strong.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  20. #20  
    I got my Day 1 of the Verizon release...if that counts!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions