1.    #1  
    So why Pre (minus - I'm on Sprint)? I've always been interested in webos, it seems like a really good OS that has been hobbled by bad timing and poor quality hardware. The homebrew community and the relative openness of webos also appeal to the tinkerer in me. After finding my way around webos, I will definitely be grabbing preware. Believe it or not, I am not bothered by the "lack of apps" ... it's good for the wannabe developer in me I am also optimistic about the future of Palm with HP; it looks like a slow start, but I think there is good growth potential for webos from here if HP handles this right.

So yes, I am late to the smartphone revolution, but I have never been a bleeding edge guy... some would say that I'm a borderline Luddite. And yes, I did jump in using obsolete hardware, but it was free (actually $9.99 for s/h thru HP), so the price of entry was finally right. Can't wait to get home to start the tinkering.
    welcome! buy lots of batteries because you will be playing with your new phone 7x24
    Welcome..on my 3rd week of pre usage and am very happy with it.

BTW - Lots of classic old tech still floating around out there. It's only been out 2 years since the Pre was released. Some people get a new car every 2-3 years and I don't think that tech changes nearly as much. Start reading reading about PreWare and Homebrew. Also along with batteries start looking at Touchstones (I just got myself a pair of them for $17 total from RadioShack, on clearence).
    welcome,,just about a year for me and i still hardly ever put it down,,,,,enjoy your new toy
    Hi, jimijames...
    Welcome to Pre|Central Forum. Here:http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html.
    oops! I forget that you won't be able to see my link, because of your low post count. You need 10 or more. Just search for a newbie guide to your webos.
    Enjoy the wonderful webos world. ^_^
    hey... i just got it yesterday and ive been on it since :P i even had dreams about it :P (ok that may be a little lie)
    Quote Originally Posted by amunir View Post
    hey... i just got it yesterday and ive been on it since :P i even had dreams about it :P (ok that may be a little lie)
    This is the most addicted phone ever...:-D
    welcome, you're going to love it. mostly after the tinkering.
    Welcome to the forums - glad you're here.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Welcome to the P|C forums, webOS, and your new addictions!

We have a lot of fantastic resources for new members/users in our Palm Pre Tips, Information, and Resources forum. Take a read through the "stickied" posts at the top of the forum and enjoy your new device!
    New owner....

treo 600, 650, samsung saga, and now pre.

pre is more nimble than my wife's droid.

Just one complaint...lack of ability of upcoming appts on homescreen...any suggestion?
  12.    #12  
    I've got my pre - actually posting with it now. Keyboard is a bit different from my rumor....still getting used to it. So far so good. I need to do the 1.4.5 update (on 1.4.0). This post is mostly just me messing with my pre-nothing useful here
    Welcome. I got my Pre Plus alittle over 2 months ago. Everyday is exciting for me to use it. It will keep me happy for the next 16 months til upgrade time. The price was right for me getting it near the tail end. Do try Preware, patches etc. It's like a new phone each time I add something to the Pre. Just as exciting as when your box arrived with the new phone.

Don't forget to add a skin to protect the screen and I love my AGFindings GRT case!
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    I have ubercalendar patch, agenda homebrew app which is launched every morning by preset reset homebrew app... Just keepyour calendar card open on daily view all day. Or put reminders in and you will get notifications
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgreger View Post
    New owner....

treo 600, 650, samsung saga, and now pre.

pre is more nimble than my wife's droid.

Just one complaint...lack of ability of upcoming appts on homescreen...any suggestion?