1.    #1  
    hi guys, as above, how do I turn it off to stop it auto fetch data?
    currently I do not have a data plan.
    do you have preware? there is a patch that adds it as a choice in your device menu.
  3.    #3  
    not yet! will get it soon. im still quite new.
    anyway thanks. i found it thru phone, preference and turn it off already
    Quote Originally Posted by devilxvergil View Post
    The data on/off toggle is buried in the "Preferences" of the Phone App, most of the way to the bottom under the group "Network".

If you intend on toggling data on/off fairly frequently, there are a number of patches that put the data toggle on your device menu (drop down menu on the top right, right under the battery sign).
    Quote Originally Posted by devilxvergil View Post
    I thought this phone has to have a data plan in order to be activated. :O
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I thought this phone has to have a data plan in order to be activated. :O
    yes, but you can turn it off when it isn't needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yes, but you can turn it off when it isn't needed.
    Yea, I understand that..but why would someone turn it off ~ for battery consumption purposes?
    Yes, it can help save on battery, but the OP said they don't have a data plan.

In the U.S. they have to have a data plan, however from the shaky English in their post, I don't think they are in the U.S.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Speaking as someone from a Country where data is expensive and limited (Canada) -- the ability to turn off the data radio and only use it as-needed is critical.

In my case: yes, Show Data in the Device menu is a patch I've used for quite a while. For those of you on Verizon -- you might need to use this switch more in the future (although I'm sad to see Unlimited plans drying up).

Having said that: I learned the hard way: *Partial Erases require activation* and *activation requires carrier-data (WiFi isn't enough)!