Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hi there!

I'm hoping someone will be able to help if possible. I just bought a palm pre gsm unlocked from play.com (uk) and am very happy with the phone. I've had a variety of smart phones but the pre is unique and i'm loving it at present.

My pre came factory installed with web os 1.4.0

I have checked for an available update to 1.4.5 but it says i am up to date.

I put my serial number in to the palm website but the serial number isnt recognised????

Is there anything i can do or do i have to wait it out for a potential update in the future?

Many thanks

Mits
    what carrier are you with. I know I was able to update to 1.4.5 on Sprint before my husband was able to with Verizon.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    what carrier are you with. I know I was able to update to 1.4.5 on Sprint before my husband was able to with Verizon.
    I am with vodafone in the uk and the phone works flawlessly with my carrier. Its not available under vodafone uk but after having read many of the posts on the forum i decided to take the plunge and odred an unlocked phone via play.com who are a reputable online retailer.

As the phone was unlocked i put a friends sim who is on O2 (uk carrier)into the phone. O2 actually provide the pre in the uk. I checked for updates and it said that web os 1.4.0 was the most up to date version at present. I thought it had already been released on O2 or maybe i was wrong??
    I can't help since I know nothing about O2. Maybe one of our international posters can help you.

Sorry.
    Put it out of its misery by placing it under a bus tire that should do the trick.