1.    #1  
    i can't get my palm pre to receive any message from chase bank does it not support it
    HUH? I'm confused as to what you are asking or needing?

text

3.    #3  
    I have a palm pre ... i have tried several times to get an activation code to use chase mobile but they said my phone was not set up for short codes and could not receive. I don't understand what they are talking about. I send and receive text all the time. So I was just wondering if anyone else knew what short codes are and where i turn them on on my pre? And if anyone out their used chase mobile so i would know if my phone supported it?
  4.    #4  
    i think it is a text message
    I bank with chase and am signed up for mobile and it works for me.
    I text their number and then put in the short command for what I want such as Bal for balance and it texts me back. I did sign up for mobile with my old phone so I can't say if it would work if you are just signing up for the first time with the Pre. I just know it carried over the number I have stored to text to and then I put in the short command for what I want. Hope this helps.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    I've had that happen with texts before when I've tried to send things to something that is shorter than a 5-10 digit code or if I forget to put in the area code on a text.

I don't have anything with Chase so I can't help you there. Have you tried calling Chase and talking to their tech support for their sites?
    https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?...s/page/CMB_faq

has a bunch of questions that might help you
    It also has a telephone number to contact about the mobile site and stuff.
    Also what carrier are you on? You may want to check with them to see if they have a block on short code. I googled a little about short codes and came across where Sprint sometimes does this. I'm on Verizon so I'm not sure if what I found on Sprint is true or not, just mentioning in case that might help out. I also have Chase's short code in my contacts. Don't know if that helps or not so that they know it's not spam. Read that also when I googled. How true it is I can't tell you. Just trying to pass along anything that might help.
    Jolie

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    Also what carrier are you on? You may want to check with them to see if they have a block on short code. I googled a little about short codes and came across where Sprint sometimes does this.
    I just remembered that. I have Sprint and I had to call Customer Service and open it up for the short codes. It was because many of the spam stuff comes from short codes and people who don't have unlimited text were getting charged.
  11.    #11  
    i am on chat with sprint now hopefully that will do it thanks all so much
    You're very welcome, hope they get it going for you.
    Jolie

Good luck!
    I chase mobile bank via txt all the time. Its not the phone or sprint. This is user side and you need to settle it with Chase tech if you cant do it yourself. good luck

edit:
    This is what i do. I add myself as a contact via google. Put in the mobile number chase provides, a 5 digit number as mobile contact and every time i need to check balance, i just txt that number.
    It is true that Sprint sometimes blocks short codes to prevent spam. I had to call them about it once and have them unblock it in my account.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    nannyritch, did you ever get your Chase Mobile banking to work?