1.    #1  
    Hey guys I just have one or 2 questions. I am thinking about switching to Sprint from VZW and I want the pre. How is the pre build quality? Is it better now then it was before? I used to have the pre plus on VZW then went to a Droid then back to a pre plus and finally back to a Droid. I miss the pre and webOS. Thanks in advance.
    I think the whole question about build quality is almost subjective by owner. I have read that some have gone thru 4, 5, 6, or more Pre's for one hardware issue or another.

Then there do seem to still be plenty around like myself, that have had one and only one pre for well over a year now. I got mine about a month after launch and it is still as clean and beautiful and works as great as it did on day one.

I personally have only had one tiny hardware issue, the power button on top, that my Sprint Store repaired in about 20 minutes for no charge.

So, while ya, the phone is not made of cast iron, but for many of us, that are not hard on phones, and maybe have had some good luck, the build quality is really fine, and well, as you have observed first hand, WebOS can NOT be touched for quality and elegance of phone OS's. My son as a HERO and I find the whole Droid OS very clunky and cumbersome compared to the sleek flow of WebOS.

Also, no one can touch Sprint for pricing plans.

Welcome back
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I'd wait it out for a few months to see if a new device hits the shelves.
    I have a sprint pre and I'm still on my first one... As long as you don't abuse it like your old dumb phones it should be fine
    I'm on #3 (dead pixel on #1 and power button/usb port crack on #2).
    I also recommend holding out, if you can, until the new hardware. Primarily because you would be going from a Pre Plus to a plain Pre.
    I'm obviously assuming Sprint will get the new hardware.
    After converting my Sprint Pre to a Sprint Pre Plus using the Verizon build, the Sprint keyboard was far better in my experience. This Verizon keyboard is laggy while the Sprint version never missed a beat.
    I'm receiving my third one in the mail this week. First one the volume button fell off, second one (my current one) the earpiece quit working. Even after having these problems, I still love this phone. I'm hopeful that we have new hardware by Christmas.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    sprint's cheap, but let hope and pray to God you dont have a issue where you have to deal with sprint employees....so, so terrible. almost makes me want to pay more and switch to a competitor.
    i have been with sprint for over 10 years and have never had any problems with them... have had my sprint pre for eleven months and counting, not one problem... best phone i have ever owned, webos is second to none, android is just a very clunky os, though some people like clunky..
    Quote Originally Posted by prejune View Post
    sprint's cheap, but let hope and pray to God you dont have a issue where you have to deal with sprint employees....so, so terrible. almost makes me want to pay more and switch to a competitor.
    Sprint user since 1999 and I have had no problems with Sprint or their customer service. I have had a few great experiences with their CS, which keep me sold on their service.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    11 years with Sprint and the Pre is my first phone I love! Still on my first Pre, though the screen is cracked, the usb cover is gone and the power button has a tiny bit of cardboard underneath but it's still the best damn phone I've ever had.
    Defiantly wait...were supposed to see new hardware for the holiday season (backfriday-ish is my guess). If no holiday new device, go for the Pre+ then.
  13.    #13  
    Ok cool. Thanks for the answers everyone. I am pretty good to my phones. When I had my pluses I babied those things...well..like babies. But anyway Im not a power user by no means so I think I would be happy with the ol' pre but I think I will hold out at least until the end of this year to see what comes along.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Defiantly wait...
    Some typos are just too good to pass up commenting on.

"Defiantly" ... I think there are many of us who fall into that boat. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Some typos are just too good to pass up commenting on.

"Defiantly" ... I think there are many of us who fall into that boat. :P
    My spell checker came though with flying colors...again
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Don't buy a Pre. Wait for the new webOS phone. The Pre is not worth being stuck with for another year.