1.    #1  
    I upgrade my old Alltel phone this weekend to a Pre Plus through Verizon. I am hoping to use it at home for my laptop's internet via the hotspot. I will have to do some more testing to see if it is feasible (I currently have WildBlue.)

So far I am really enjoying the Pre and the interface of it. I haven't installed preware yet, waiting to decide if I am going to be able to keep it. Plus, work has java disable so I would have to do it at home.

Looking forward to learning a lot more than I already have here.

P.S. What battery am I looking for on ebay that is twice the life of the one that came with it?
    amzer 2800mAh or Siedio 2600mAh
    There is a standalone .exe installer for Preware: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

(Though I honestly don't know if it's an actual compiled solution or simply a java call-through archive.)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    There is a standalone .exe installer for Preware: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

(Though I honestly don't know if it's an actual compiled solution or simply a java call-through archive.)
    What do I need to install here?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    amzer 2800mAh or Siedio 2600mAh
    Thanks, i will be getting one of these!
    be sure you get the app called Dr Battery in the preware catalog...
    Quote Originally Posted by boddah4 View Post
    Thanks, i will be getting one of these!
    Not to be a bomber, but it does changes the size of the pre. Those are really good batt ~ I wish they would have made them fit differently. :'(
    How exactly would you have fit them differently? There's nothing else they could have done due to limitations of battery technology. If you want the power, you have to take the size with it. They made them as slim and small as current technology allows.
    It's possible to make longer lasting batteries a lot smaller. The things is > would we pay the price for it. Look at how technology has evolve over the years.. For example > Did you ever thought that a television would have gone HD. :-D