1.    #1  
    Well perhaps of no interest to anyone else, but my original (second day of release) Sprint Palm Pre is now no more.

Got lucky obviously since didn't have any of the issues so many did. Of course the USB door did come off and it has a few scratches and recently a crack had started near the USB port.

The death-blow was a rear-end collision that sent my pre from the front seat into the windshield. Cracked the screan, power button no longer worked and would not ring on incomming calls.

Since the other car's insurance company is paying for everything, I just bought a new Pre from Sprint store (had several in stock). Phone needed the update to 1.4.5

Switching profile to new phone was quite a chore. On first go-around although got my contacts ok, many of my apps (including ones I paid for) didnt transfer and when went to app store, it wanted me to pay for them again. Had to reload my patches and homebrew. Could not get some of them to load though, including the i-phone launcher and simple black with texture theme. Most upset that I lost my place on Angry Birds!

Tech support for Sprint was not much help but willing to give me a credit for apps not transfered over. Palm tech disconnected me twice transferring me to different people.

So... went back to sprint store and started all over. Re-did the profile all over again. This time all of my apps transfered over including Angry Birds (but once again lost my place).

Reloaded the patches again and so forth. Just when I get the pre right where I wanted it, got a notice out of the blue that I was not logged into my profile! Had to start all over but THIS time the whole thing was messed up (I assume some patch causing the problem) Pre would not even stay connected to sprint constantly going on and off.

So, a trip to the Doctor to wipe things clean and started over for, what, the 4th time now? Arrrgh! Well this time most, but not all apps transfered, but at least when went ot app store it recognized I had already paid for them.

Now have all my apps and most of my patches back. I-phone launch theme working fine but can't get Simple Black yet. Ah, well, my HOPE (yes very wishful thinking I know) is that a new pre will be out within the 30 day return period, then I can use my upgrade to get that and will be ahead a bit thanks to the insurance check!

Of course, will have to transfer my profile all over again....
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    ...The death-blow was a rear-end collision that sent my pre from the front seat into the windshield. ....
    OK, so we know how your Pre came out, hope you were in better shape than your phone.
    Of course, will have to transfer my profile all over again....

No biggie, it's worth it. :-)
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    my profile has gone seemlessly across about 6 pres now. Sorry you had some issues with that. Even after not being signed in over a month I got a new pre and everything was perfect.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    OK, so we know how your Pre came out, hope you were in better shape than your phone.

Well car was totalled and I went to the ER as a percaution but everything is fine, except my pre
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    my profile has gone seemlessly across about 6 pres now. Sorry you had some issues with that. Even after not being signed in over a month I got a new pre and everything was perfect.

I'm guessing the first problem was a Sprint issue and after that it was some patch that I had on that was causing the problem since, after the doctor, everything went fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    .....Had to reload my patches and homebrew..... Most upset that I lost my place on Angry Birds!
    Should have been using Save/Restore from WebOS-Internals. Would have saved your place in Angry Birds...

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie