Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I woke up on Sunday morning to have my phone saying it was 'phone offline' so I had no phone service. After several reboots it still said this, so I switched to airplane mode and then back, and I got voice back, but no icon for data and also no data when I go into the web browser it gives the no network coverage. If I turn on wifi then I get data fine obviously connected through my home network. I do have mode switcher as well as 1gz overclocked. I've uninstalled and reinstalled mode switcher and this makes no change. Do I need to wipe my device with os doctor and start from scratch or are there any other things I can try to get data back?
    have you paid your bill
    Tap on your phone icon, then tap preferences..scroll down to data usage and turn it on if it's turn off. Then update your network settings. No webos doctor is needed at this time. ^_^

cheers.~
    Last edited by RUSH; 09/27/2010 at 11:27 AM.
    You can try updating network settings and prl under phone settings, but more than likely it won't be able to without the data on.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I just fixed this, my phone was set to data off, but turning that on still didn't work. So I then clicked on 'update network settings' and after doing that my data is back.
    I had that problem all day Saturday. Nothing I did would fix it. Finally came back sometime that evening.
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I've had this happen to me before, and a battery pull (not just a restart) worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    I've had this happen to me before, and a battery pull (not just a restart) worked for me.
    I agree!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Even a battery pull did not work for me on Saturday. It was strange. I was mobile when I first noticed, didn't change by the time I got home. Wife's Pixi was fine. Restarted a couple times, airplane on/of, data off/on, ##EVDO# changed to 1x only, rev0 only, etc etc, one or two battery pulls. Wifi was the only way I could get data all day. That evening we were at the hospital visiting a friend when it finally got a data connection again on its own. Didn't want to waste time calling Sprint and having them tell me to do a partial or full erase. Not happening.
    This has recently started happening to me rather frequently. So far, only a reboot has worked, but I'll try updating network settings next time, as that should be faster. Anybody have thoughts as to why this might suddenly start to happen? The phone is working fine, so I don't think it's my antenna or a reception issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    have you paid your bill
    LOL!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    This happened to me yesterday when i drove to Vegas to pick up a friend...only neither the voice OR data turned back on. It happened 2 or 3 times before NOT coming back on again. I did EPR thru WOSQI and still nothing. I took it to Sprint store today -they were saying the Serial # was matching something & they couldn't even get in...I left it with them for the tech to check out & 50 minutes later when I returned, the phone now only shows:

Phone Error

Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved.

Visit Palm USA|Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses for help.
    They said I'll have a replacement Pre tomorrow after 4pm. FUH! Do you know how annoying it is to be on my 6-year old flip phone!?!?!?!?! Where's my synergy?!?!?!?

EDIT: Oh, and a Doctor won't work as it doesn't even recognize the phone anymore...also, it wouldn't charge last night (even though it showed as charging) whether by touchstone or usb...
    Last edited by licotto; 09/27/2010 at 05:22 PM. Reason: addition...
    Exact thing happened to my Pixi a few weeks ago, turns out the radio died, so Sprint switched it out for a new one for me. Not much else you can do.
    We had a similar issue with my wife's brand new pre a few days ago. Restarts, battery pull, turning data on (and off, and on again) in phone preferences did nothing.

So, I opened the phone app and punched in the evdo hash code ##evdo# which brings up the evdo settings page. I turned evdo off and then back on, resetting the data radio. Worked like a charm.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    We had a similar issue with my wife's brand new pre a few days ago. Restarts, battery pull, turning data on (and off, and on again) in phone preferences did nothing.

So, I opened the phone app and punched in the evdo hash code ##evdo# which brings up the evdo settings page. I turned evdo off and then back on, resetting the data radio. Worked like a charm.
    I wish I could've seen this hint before the Sprint tech tried some crazy on my Pre!!! haha
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    I wish I could've seen this hint before the Sprint tech tried some crazy on my Pre!!! haha
    yeah, sorry I didn't see the thread sooner. I don't get into the forums much anymore.

We were driving around when we notices the problem, so I had my wife call Sprint tech support because I thought maybe there was a problem from their end. It didn't take long for me to figure out that person had no idea what they were doing. Once we got home, I had her fixed up in 3 minutes.

Moral of the story: if you have a bad feeling about a Sprint tech support person, ask to talk to a supervisor.
    This happened to me too. no voice, data or anything available. I put it in airplane mode and then turned it back off and all the radios came back