1.    #1  
    just bought a used palm pre,i had one before but the problem is my vibrate is lasting like two seconds long, idk how to fix it, I've had a pre before so I know it's not normal.... Can anyone help me?

also vibrates when I set sms setting to mute notifications
    Last edited by chairmen; 09/27/2010 at 01:57 AM.
    There is a patch in preware that will allow you to make vibration notifications longer. Sounds like you got a phone that already has this installed. If you have preware installed on the phone already just remove the patch and you should be good to go.

Otherwise, put your phone in developer mode and remove the patch with WebOS Quick Install.
  3.    #3  
    ok I went to preware then to installed packages and there arnt any patches installed on this phone :/
    Last edited by chairmen; 09/27/2010 at 12:32 PM.
    You sound like thats a "bad thing"?? Patches are what make this platform the best in the business. If you are not happy with the things that are already installed just remove them. Another option would be to run the doctor and start over from scratch. Actually that may be a good idea. If you got the phone with patches there may also be email accts, calender reminders, alarms, etc. on the phone as well. The doctor will take you back to square one. Then make modifications the way that YOU want them from that point on.
    i would doctor it
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjam99 View Post
    You sound like thats a "bad thing"?? Patches are what make this platform the best in the business. If you are not happy with the things that are already installed just remove them. Another option would be to run the doctor and start over from scratch. Actually that may be a good idea. If you got the phone with patches there may also be email accts, calender reminders, alarms, etc. on the phone as well. The doctor will take you back to square one. Then make modifications the way that YOU want them from that point on.
    sorry i wrote that on my phone....i think it auto corrected me, i mean there arn't any patches installed on my phone, btw not familiar with doctoring
    Last edited by chairmen; 09/27/2010 at 12:36 PM.
    Dont be scared of it. VERY easy to do. Just be sure that you back up anything that you dont want to lose. (your not supposed to lose anything on the usb portion of your phone but just to be safe, BACK YOUR STUFF UP.)

For Sprint: Palm - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint

For Verizon:
    http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm

Good Luck!

Also if you need any more assistance just do a quick search for webos doctor here within the forums. You will get all the help you need. Oh, and by the way....welcome to the community!