Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

So I just got a Pre and I have to say, I am impressed so far coming from a Blackberry. I just have one problem though, I cannot install preware. I have followed all the instructions and have tried on multiple computers but I always get the USB error - device not connected. Is there anything I can do or am I out of luck?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I did Google for a long time and didn't find anything that helped
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I've tried to no avail, but thank you anyway
    you must be sure that dev mode is turned on , and make sure novacom driver is running
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    does your phone have the battery charging icon at the bottom where the notifications show up at ? if not novacom isnt running if it is showing then your not in dev mode.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Success! Thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by RNelan7 View Post
    Success! Thanks guys
    You're Welcome. :-D
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Just one last question, should I leave the phone in dev mode after installing or does it not matter?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Also, is there anyway to view the homescreen when programs are open in cards? I know you can make them smaller but can you make them disappear?
    no you cannot unless you throw them away ! so... you forgot to put it in dev mode didnt ya ?! lol ltm ltm lol everyone has done it at least once
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    You could choose to turn it off or leave it on, doesn't really matter. I leave mines on.

When you say homescreen, are you talking about your launcher screen, if so, then just swipe up from the gesture area. You can always get rid of cards by throwing them off the screen.(upwards)

cheers.~
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    You could choose to turn it off or leave it on, doesn't really matter. I leave mines on.

When you say homescreen, are you talking about your launcher screen, if so, then just swipe up from the gesture area. You can always get rid of cards by throwing them off the screen.(upwards)

cheers.~
    I am talking about just the home screen where I can see my wallpaper. I guess as long as an app is open a card will always be displayed. I know how to close the apps, I was just wondering if I could hide the cards to see the wallpaper but be able to bring them back.
    for some reason my computer will not recognize my pre now. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiralballr View Post
    for some reason my computer will not recognize my pre now. Any suggestions?
    Check if novacomd is enable. Restart PC and Phone. Connect usb cable in another usb port. Make sure dev mode is turn on. Check to see if java is still running on your PC. Make sure Palm(usb) driver is enable. If you're running window xp check in device manager.

Best of luck.~