1.    #1  
    i just bought a palm pre online my old one was destroyed but would like to know how to get the esn number off the phone doesnt have the box or sticker on the back of the phone and the phone is sdtuck in the pal profile mode and i need the esn number to activate the phone someone please help
    Did you contact the seller and ask what happened to the ESN sticker? Did you ask them if they know what the ESN is?

You may have gotten ripped off.

If you purchased via Paypal, you could always dispute charges, unless they specified that it did not have an ESN sticker.
    Pop the battery, underneath there are several numbers. None are labeled as ESN (that is what I also call it). There is a S/N, and two MEID numbers, Hex and Dec.

Call Sprint and use these to activate, they will tell you what numbers you need.

If the phone is stuck in a mode, a hard reset will be sure their info is cleared off phone and can be painlessly activated.

Hope this helps and good luck.
  4.    #4  
    i called and asked they said didnt know trying to get the esn for boost thats all i need and i tried creating a profile for the palm and will not let me unless the phone has service
    Quote Originally Posted by btrivett View Post
    i called and asked they said didnt know trying to get the esn for boost thats all i need and i tried creating a profile for the palm and will not let me unless the phone has service
    I'd try getting my money back if I were you. If the sticker was removed, there's a good chance the phone has a bad ESN.
    You need the DEC number off the sticker. That should be numbers only.

Also note that it is VERY unlikely it will activate on Boost because Boost is owned by Sprint, and Sprint (and VZW) won't activate a phone not purchased through them. Sprint won't to my knowledge activate a phone on any of their prepaid services unless you buy it from them (i.e. to activate on Boost, it must have Boost branding; same for Virgin Mobile).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    That only applies to the Sprint prepaid services.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!