Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
    Welcome back from the dark side.
    not yet but hopefully soon.
    Fanb*y is not allowed now?
    ***** **** ** ** **** *** ** ** ******! **** ******* ****** ******* ***** ha ha ha!

jees... the moderation on this board is getting a bit ridiculous. I feel like im at a catholic preschool.
    You went from the Pre to a Hero? The Hero is a generation behind the Pre as far as hardware goes. It has an ARM11 CPU.

I think it is a huge POS personally. Props to you for going backwards.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Yeah i'm an android user myself, but the Hero....yikes!

First worthwhile android device on sprint was the Evo safe to say.

(though some will argue the moment).
    I'm new to this forum and I've never owned a WebOS product but I really want one. The only things that are holding me back is the fact the Pre Plus has a crummy keyboard, the screen is quite small, and a new WebOS product is coming within the next month or two so it would be pointless to commit myself to a phone for at least 9 months to 1 year.

I currently have a Moto Droid 1 and I honestly hate it. The hardware is decent, except for the keyboard and crummy battery life, but the software is complete trash. I've read reviews on everything and WebOS seems to be just about right. I like iOS but ti's pretty limited beyond the apps. Windows Phone 7 looks to be a less crappy version of the Kin with a far more social networking-based phone as supposed to a miniature computer. Either way I have Verizon and Verizon won't get any Windows Phone 7 phones until next year anyway and I'm not waiting that long.

WebOS looks to be the perfect combination of simple and easy-to-use interface + elegant look + vast customization options. It's really underrated in my opinion.

If Palm had made the Pre's screen 3.5" or even 3.4", I think it would've solved many of its flaws. With the larger screen comes room for a larger keyboard which would equal more room and a better typing experience. Also with that would come more room for a larger battery which may solve the battery life issues. Even if they raise the resolution for the screen, I think the larger battery outweighs the screen it has to power. But yeah, had Palm made it larger then I probably would've had it by now. The only thing it's missing hardware-wise that I feel should've been implemented with the Plus version is a MicroSD slot. I would take 8GB + MicroSD over 16GB without any external storage any day, but that's just me.

If the next Verizon WebOS phone is an upgrade to the Pre Plus and fixes at least the keyboard then I'm probably on it. As long as HP doesn't bloat up WebOS like they do with their computers then I'm satisfied. The one thing that really worried me about HP's buying Palm is whether they'd bloat it up or not. Hopefully they won't though.

But yeah, WebOS > Android all day every day.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Nice first post. Welcome to the Forums.
    The Pre Plus has an excellent keyboard. Great feedback and feel.

What keyboard are you comparing it to?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I am surprised that you left for a Hero. A patched up Pre is far beyond a stock Hero.

- Craig
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Yeah i'm an android user myself, but the Hero....yikes!

First worthwhile android device on sprint was the Evo safe to say.

(though some will argue the moment).
    i disagree, the evo is too big for most. i love my hero, ive had it for a year almost. the newer froyo roms really give this phone some speed. BUT i also love webos, i have decided after alot of thinking that i will not be getting a pre or pixi right now. it's too outdated, i mean over 15 months old now. i heard they won't even carry them anymore by x-mas. for now ill be getting into another droid phone until a better webos device comes out. i hope soon.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I am surprised that you left for a Hero. A patched up Pre is far beyond a stock Hero.

- Craig
    the hero is a nice phone, i only left the pre because my screen died and i had no insurance.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12