Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It is locked at a screen were a code is necessary or a pin number, Is there anyway I can just erase everything on the phone? or just bypass this screen some how?
    You can try to doctor the phone.
  3.    #3  
    The OS doctor thing? Im pretty sure I tried that and when java was installing it there was an error? Any other help would be great, Thanks mamouton.
    how did it get locked?
    for all I know yr trying to unlock a stolen phone,so that's why I ask.
  6.    #6  
    What could I do with a stolen phone? I checked the ESN number and it was clean, I traded my friend for an Iphone and he moved away and kkinda lost touch and when I actually need to use this phone. its locked.
  7.    #7  
    Do you know how to help me or are you just very ethical?
    I know if all is legit you can call palm and they will help you get it unlocked.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah but the phone is still under his name and he would have to go through his account, which I don't know due to my loss of contact with him. Some help would be appreciated... But the small talk is fun also Zmann, would you like my SS#?
  10.    #10  
    Is this even possible or is it not even worth it?
    You can have a look in this thread http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html it has the metadoctor option. I would also try to rerun the doctor and make sure you have updated to the latest java.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks, so if I am understanding you correctly it is possible?
    Doctor the phone. Plug it in via USB to your computer. Power off the phone by pulling the battery and putting it back in. While the phone is hooked up to your computer via USB hold the volume up key and the power button at the same time. You should see a USB logo display on the screen.

Run webOS doctor on your computer and you should be able to wipe it back to stock. If you are having java errors then it's a problem with your computer not the Pre.

I am not worried you stole the phone because if it is stolen and you start using it you will get caught anyway so no big deal.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadius View Post
    What could I do with a stolen phone? I checked the ESN number and it was clean, I traded my friend for an Iphone and he moved away and kkinda lost touch and when I actually need to use this phone. its locked.
    Honestly IMHO that is an awfully fishy story, which makes me question if we should really be helping (no offense intended, it is just coming across as very unlikely)
  15.    #15  
    That **** seems super complicated, There isnt any easy way to restore my pre to original settings?
  16.    #16  
    Well im offended that you think that someone who signed up for this forum 15 minutes would have just joined it to find out how to do something like hack a stolen palm pre.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    You need to get webosdoctor to work thats the best way
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadius View Post
    That **** seems super complicated, There isnt any easy way to restore my pre to original settings?
    You need to doctor because the phone is locked. If the phone didn't have a PIN lock it would be much easier.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals is a great guide for how to do this. Doctoring a webos device is one of the easiest recovery options that exist. If you got a java error or somesuch, it's probably because your version of java is terribly out of date so make sure you update to the latest version. Good luck and we'll continue to help if you want it, otherwise take it to a carrier store for help
    I'm kind of wondering too...when you traded why didn't your friend wipe his information on the phone? If you traded wouldn't you have researched the phone alittle to see how it operates? Just makes me curious why he/she didn't wipe it clean in the first place and why you lost contact so quickly with that person....Anyway if you get it going and go to put your profile on it and it goes through Palm it will show up if it's a lost or stolen phone....
    And yet you posted something to the effect as a response...."That **** seems complicated etc" so you have no clue about the phone you traded for. Just doesn't sound right to me.
    No offense meant just has me curious as all like some of the others. Ya never know in this day and age. If you really want to wipe it you'd be doing some of the suggestions whether it's complicated or not.
    Last edited by joliejolie0930; 09/26/2010 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Typos, add'l comment
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast