Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadius View Post
    Yeah but the phone is still under his name and he would have to go through his account, which I don't know due to my loss of contact with him.
    If it's still under his name, how do you plan on using it? He would have to remove it from his account in order for you to activate it under your name.

    Yep...something sounds fishy.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadius View Post
    Well im offended that you think that someone who signed up for this forum 15 minutes would have just joined it to find out how to do something like hack a stolen palm pre.
    Don't be offended, Chadius. Things like this can happen.

    These members are trying to help you, but they have raised some valid questions.
  3. #23  
    @ bevcraw, I guess chadius has figured out a new thing about our forum. (We can't be fooled easily) :-D

    Ps. Once the phone has been registered in someone else name, webos doctor won't be able to help. Even if you create a new profile, how would you change the ESN#, however, if the phone was giving/bought from the previous owner...and there are no lost/stolen or balance owed on the account, then the current owner could call the phone company and have them activate the phone in their name.

    ^_^
    Last edited by RUSH; 09/26/2010 at 07:39 AM.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadius;
    That **** seems super complicated, There isnt any easy way to restore my pre to original settings?
    no, that is the only method.... Follow the instructions as described or continue to search threads until you realize those instructions are the easiest way to doctor a locked Pre
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    @ bevcraw, I guess chadius has figured out a new thing about our forum. (We can't be fooled easily) :-D

    Ps. Once the phone has been registered in someone else name, webos doctor won't be able to help. Even if you create a new profile, how would you change the ESN#, however, if the phone was giving/bought from the previous owner...and there are no lost/stolen or balance owed on the account, then the current owner could call the phone company and have them activate the phone in their name.

    ^_^
    Ok for all your great citizens worried about this mans Pre I stole. This man owed my brother alot of money and stole alot of stuff from his house Kyle kicked him out and made sure he kept his phone for his losses. .
    I dont think the kid cares enough to report it stolen thats why I think I can turn it on and even though it is stolen let it be known that this man deserved to lose his palm and I would like to transfer from Iphone to the pre world.
  6. #26  
    See how hard was that... I love the fact that you want to change from Iphone to the Pre world. So what is really stopping you from getting this done, now that you have the phone. (He who without sin cast the first stone) I'm not here to judge or condemn, just need to hear the full story. ^_^
  7.    #27  
    What stops me is when java is installing that webOS doctor there is an error, is the web OS doctor supposed to be 1k in size? and should I use meta doctor or webos doctor?
  8. #28  
    Ok, my two cents:
    When did it become legal or right that if someone steals from another person and owes them money that the person stolen from or owed can turn around and steal right back from that person. Am I the only one that sees it that way? I thought there was a legal process to do this (I know it's sometimes easier and faster to do what this person did but does it make it legal?) What is the world coming to?

    For one thing I'm glad the Java isn't working on your computer so you can't doctor it and get away with what you're trying to do.

    So okay now everyone can be mad at me for saying the above but I don't think it's right. And if the OP lied once who is to say this is the true story. There are always 2 sides to a story and maybe a judge/jury should hear it all. Also first it was "this man" then it turns into "this kid", his brother kept the phone because he was owed and then gave it to the OP (his brother) because he wants a Pre rather than his iPhone. The story smells to me.

    Just my opinion here.
    Last edited by joliejolie0930; 09/26/2010 at 09:53 AM.
    Jolie

    "If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

    I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  9. #29  
    Ok, I'm sure you know the doctoring process..right? If not.. Make sure the phone is in developer mode. Type webos20090606, then turn dev mode on and restart phone. Download a new version of webos doctor. www.palm.com/rom. Restart your computer, and connect your usb cord into a different usb port on your computer. Make sure you're running the latest java 1.6 or greater, also make enable novacomd. Once all these are intact, then you can proceed on doing a webos doctor.

    GOod LuCk. :-)
  10. #30  
    Do as the other members have told you. If you are getting Java errors...updated your computers Java and try again. Also.....if the guy you kicked out (stole) turns the phone in as stolen after you get it into your name you run the risk of being liable for his charges. I'm letting you know this and I don't know how they did it because someone I know got a Pre in a shady way as you and Doctored it. Three months later they got a text and bill saying they owe major money. They phone then was dead a few days later. What we figured happened was that person said it was stolen a month or two before he got it and charged it to him. After a week of round and round with the carrier he got almost all the charges off but no Pre. He told me that they (i don't know for sure if ture) can lock a Pre's esn for life if they wanted to.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    Ok, my two cents:
    When did it become legal or right that if someone steals from another person and owes them money that the person stolen from or owed can turn around and steal right back from that person. Am I the only one that sees it that way? I thought there was a legal process to do this (I know it's sometimes easier and faster to do what this person did but does it make it legal?) What is the world coming to?

    For one thing I'm glad the Java isn't working on your computer so you can't doctor it and get away with what you're trying to do.

    So okay now everyone can be mad at me for saying the above but I don't think it's right. And if the OP lied once who is to say this is the true story. There are always 2 sides to a story and maybe a judge/jury should hear it all.

    Just my opinion here.
    You're right about all that you have said. However, the op has to live with that not me. I'm just assisting a forum member as much as possible. ^_^
  12. #32  
    well I'm glad I am not the only one who would not help this guy. O you go right on trying to make me feel like I am wrong here. What I am is very street smart. And yes I do believe you spent 15 mins signing up here just to bust into a stolen phone. Hope it melts in yr hand.
  13. #33  
    I think people are missing the point. If the phone is still tied to the original owners account, there is no way for the current "user" to activate it. The original owner has to release it.

    At least, that's the way it works with Sprint. I bought a brand new, still in the box Treo 800w from someone at another forum and when I tried to activate it, the ESN wasn't clear, it was still active on another account, so I could not activate it.

    I had to contact the seller and have him clear the ESN with Sprint which allowed me to activate it.

    So unless things have changed, I don't see how the new thief owner can get the phone activated until the original owner de-activates it from his account.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    You're right about all that you have said. However, the op has to live with that not me. I'm just assisting a forum member as much as possible. ^_^
    Just my opinion is all. I won't assist someone who is trying to do something illegal (by his own admission) at least in my state and the US that would make me an accomplice. Maybe he lives out of the country who knows and it's legal there. Sure isn't legal where I live. Of course my family consists of attorneys, a retired judge, former state senator and now my niece who is a police officer so maybe I see things differently. I guess I thought we had laws to go by and taking matters into your own hands the way you want to handle it is not legal or right in my book. There is a justice system, it may not always do what we want it to do but what would happen if everyone did what they think was the right way to handle things? (Gosh why is this making me think of the old movie Escape from New York LOL)

    I value the freedom this country has that everyone has the right to their own opinions and can do what the conscious tells them to do. Mine is telling me this.

    I'm definitely NOT trying to start anything so I hope the members here don't see it that way. I'll be skipping this thread from now on. Have a great day everyone! (Oh and I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to)
    Last edited by joliejolie0930; 09/26/2010 at 10:13 AM. Reason: left out info
    Jolie

    "If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

    I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I'm just assisting a forum member as much as possible. ^_^
    No, you are assisting a self admitted thief. Don't lower yourself to that.
  16. #36  
    ok,my bad sorry. Here is what you do to get into that phone,,,,,,,get a hammer and smash it,,it will open right up for you,,,,,your welcome,,,and o,welcome to precentral.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    Just my opinion is all. I won't assist someone who is trying to do something illegal (by his own admission) at least in my state and the US that would make me an accomplice. Maybe he lives out of the country who knows and it's legal there. Sure isn't legal where I live. Of course my family consists of attorneys, a retired judge and former state senator so maybe I see things differently.

    I value the freedom this country has that everyone has the right to their own opinions and can do what the conscious tells them to do. Mine is telling me this.

    I'm definitely NOT trying to start anything so I hope the members here don't see it that way. I'll be skipping this thread from now on. Have a great day everyone!
    "Yeah ima dumb little girl and imnot starting anything im just letting everybody know how unbelievably high my nose is stuck in the air cause im sooo PERFECTTT.... People like you are the reason im leavin Iphone.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    ok,my bad sorry. Here is what you do to get into that phone,,,,,,,get a hammer and smash it,,it will open right up for you,,,,,your welcome,,,and o,welcome to precentral.

    Your so funny old man, didnt I see you on a rogan commercial?
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadius View Post
    "Yeah ima dumb little girl and imnot starting anything im just letting everybody know how unbelievably high my nose is stuck in the air cause im sooo PERFECTTT.... People like you are the reason im leavin Iphone.
    She uses a Palm Pre...?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  20. #40  
    ahhh precentral,,where no personal attack goes unpunished,,i am about done here with this thread,lol.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions