1.    #1  
    Ok so i dont know if the patches on preware are considered homebrew or what ever but i had to reset my phone because it was going slow and i thought it would delete all the patches i had on it but it didnt and i need to take it in to the sprint store to see if they can fix my blown speaker i just re installed preware and it said i had nothing installed but i have quite a few patches still installed can anyone help me get rid of them so i can take it in or will they not be a problem if i take it in? i just need some help with this lol
    provide a list of the patches that are still installed, that will be the first question somebody that can help you will ask
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by alexzhere View Post
    Ok so i dont know if the patches on preware are considered homebrew or what ever but i had to reset my phone because it was going slow and i thought it would delete all the patches i had on it but it didnt and i need to take it in to the sprint store to see if they can fix my blown speaker i just re installed preware and it said i had nothing installed but i have quite a few patches still installed can anyone help me get rid of them so i can take it in or will they not be a problem if i take it in? i just need some help with this lol
    Go to Preware.
    Click list of everything.
    Start typing 'Emergency Patch Recovery', run the EPR.
    Reboot the pre, all patches will be gone.

Pip
  4.    #4  
    ok well i dont have the exact names for them but i have one that says the temperature next to the battery and then the battery % then the 4x4 icons and one that makes the menu a transparent gray then one that makes new cards for each text conversation i have and one that makes the messaging app dark and thats all i can remember and that i can see that i have oh and one for the camera so i can take a pic with any button sorry i dont have the exact names i can spend half an hour looking them all up but if i dont have to i would like to avoid doing so
  5.    #5  
    oh ill try that pip give me a moment
  6.    #6  
    umm well i downloaded the emergency patch recovery and it said i needed to do a luna restart so i did it and nothing happened o.o
    umm well i downloaded the emergency patch recovery and it said i needed to do a luna restart so i did it and nothing happened o.o
    What do you mean nothing happened, after the luna restart are your patches still there?

Pip
  8.    #8  
    yeah it says no patches are installed but i still see all of the patches installed then i did the emergency patch installation and it said ipkg error or something
    yeah it says no patches are installed but i still see all of the patches installed then i did the emergency patch installation and it said ipkg error or something
    You need to do emergency patch recovery, not installation.

Pip
  10.    #10  
    ive done the recovery but since i guess it displayed no patches installed on preware it did nothing except remove itself so i thought the next best thing would be to do the installation to make it display the installed patches in preware but that gave me an error so i am at a loss right now preware says i have 3 packages installed preware and 2 linux applications thats it even in webos quick install it says i have nothing installed but i can clearly see all the patches i had installed before the full reset
    Have you tried the Emergency Reconstruction Utility?

The description says:

"Install this package on your Pre to reconstruct the ipkg status file in the event that it has been corrupted. The symptom of a corrupted status file is Preware suddenly not noticing some or all installed packages."

If that works, then you can try the EPR.
    ive done the recovery but since i guess it displayed no patches installed on preware it did nothing except remove itself so i thought the next best thing would be to do the installation to make it display the installed patches in preware but that gave me an error so i am at a loss right now preware says i have 3 packages installed preware and 2 linux applications thats it even in webos quick install it says i have nothing installed but i can clearly see all the patches i had installed before the full reset
    Oh, I thought that the EPR would still work regardless of wether they showed as installed. I guess if you have rebooted then that must not be the case.
    Only other two options I can think of is
    1) Webos repair utility with overide compatibility ON

2) webos doctor

Pip
  13.    #13  
    no i havent trek ill try that and if that doesnt work i guess ill do the doctor
  14.    #14  
    will sprint not fix my phone if i have the patches installed? i just tryed the doctor and yet again... didnt work it said it couldnt reset my phone >.>
    gosh that sounds like a pretty serious predicament... i'd hope sprint'd still fix your phone, as long as there are no serious modifications like user agent patches or kernel changes... please let us know how that goes.... i'd prefer a webos doctor to taking it in for someone else to fix, but if webOS doctor doesn't work, sounds pretty serious.

sad to hear about the speaker problem as well, have heard many complaints about this... hope hp/palm addresses for future hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Go to Preware.
    Click list of everything.
    Start typing 'Emergency Patch Recovery', run the EPR.
    Reboot the pre, all patches will be gone.

Pip
    That's what i'd suggest as well
    will sprint not fix my phone if i have the patches installed? i just tryed the doctor and yet again... didnt work it said it couldnt reset my phone >.>
    Go to Device Info on your phone, go to Reset options and do a Full Erase. Before doing so make sure you backup anything important you wish to keep (photos etc.) to your PC. You wil have to login to your profile after reboot. Once this is done, you should be able to run weOS Doctor.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I think you might be confused about the Dr. If you Ran the WebOsDoctor EVERYTHING but the stuff on your usb drive would be reset to factory, No way around this. If you want a truly fresh device (fresh usb drive also) you need to do a full erase then Run the Dr. This WILL reset the device! If you want to get rid of all officially downloaded apps log in w/ a new Palm Profile as well.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

19.    #19  
    actually i got the doctor to work after about an hour of continuously reseting my phone and whatnot