1.    #1  
    With as many times as we bash Verizon, I thought I'd post about the POSITIVE customer service experience I had there today.

I've had two of the thin plastic cases in a row. These are the clear ones that are thin enough so you can still use the Touchstone. The first one developed a crack at the top, so I went ahead and replaced it. The other day, the new one (about three weeks old) split in the same place as the other one was cracking. I took both cases to my Verizon store. I explained to the employee about the split case. She said they didn't have that one anymore, but would be happy to replace it with one ones with the Touchstone cutout in the back (link). They sell it for about $5 more than the clear plastic one I was exchanging.

While she was doing the exchange, I pulled the other clear case (the first one I bought) out of my pocket, and (just for conversation sake .. honest) showed her that it was cracking in the same place. She said, "Oh ... grab another one of the ones with the cutout back ... I'll swap that one out too. So, now I have *two* new cases.

I'm not terribly fond of the look of the new case. The slider is silver. Since I have two, I may try to paint the slider on one of them.
    The Service Technician at the Verizon store that I shop at uses a Pre Plus as her daily phone. She is the first person who pointed me to patching and while I haven’t over clocked my Pre Plus, she has loaded UberKernal on hers and clocks at 1Ghz. She even uses her Pre Plus to initialize Verizon customer's Droid phones. She says that the Pre Plus is the most intuitive Smartphone she has ever used.

Thanks for the positive feedback on Verizon – I knew there was a reason to stick with them for 12+ years.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Always nice to hear a positive story! I've had nothing but good luck with Verizon since I switched to them in March 2008 from ATT which I was with from 92 -08 and had nothing but terrible luck with them! Dropped calls, no help from Customer Service, no one knew any answers to my questions about phones or service and even transferred me to others who didn't know. I know it just depends on who you get and how much they know but VZ has always been good to me. I'm in the country so those are really the only 2 choices for service in my area.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  4.    #4  
    Side note -- I *love* this new case. One downside is that it makes the phone a good bit bigger, but it's very solid and easy to remove. The Touchstone cutout is a huge bonus.

With those cases that clip onto the sides of the phone, I always thought it would break whenever I took it off, and more often than I'd like, I was right about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    Side note -- I *love* this new case. One downside is that it makes the phone a good bit bigger, but it's very solid and easy to remove. The Touchstone cutout is a huge bonus.

With those cases that clip onto the sides of the phone, I always thought it would break whenever I took it off, and more often than I'd like, I was right about that.
    Those cases are wonderful. I ordered mine thru ATT (even tho I'm VZ). I have silver chrome and a blue. I do want to order just the black one (no backs) from the website since black will go with everything. They are easy to remove if you need to change the battery or pull.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    Those cases are wonderful. I ordered mine thru ATT (even tho I'm VZ). I have silver chrome and a blue. I do want to order just the black one (no backs) from the website since black will go with everything. They are easy to remove if you need to change the battery or pull.
    I wish black had been an option for me at the store. I got the chrome version, and it's a bit too flashy for me. The only other option was pink, though, and while I'm pretty secure in my masculinity, wrapping my Pre Plus in pink just wasn't going to happen.
    I love VZW! I have never had a bad experience with them in almost 2 years. They are always helpful when I call them or go into their store. I now have to search for the Verizon bashing stories.

I didnt like the cases at all for the pre, or at leat the one I got from our store here. It was black and chrome. It felt to bulky and I like to use my little leather pouch that came with my phone.
    slightly off topic, but I was playing Angry Birds on a plane last night. a flight attendant actually recognized that I was using a Pre because she has a sprint pre. She is fairly new to it, and isn't doing much with it, but she had good things to say and said her kids liked it too.

So, I told her all about precentral.net as the best place to get cool stuff. I wrote down instructions for how to get Preware and told her to have one of her kids put it on for her so she could get themes and other customizations. I wish I would see more webOS phones in the wild so I wouldn't feel so compelled to attack them and insist that they go to precentral because I think they will not like their phone if they don't...

Sorry for the off topic comment, but I certainly didn't want to create a thread for that little story...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17 View Post
    I love VZW! I have never had a bad experience with them in almost 2 years. They are always helpful when I call them or go into their store. I now have to search for the Verizon bashing stories.

I didnt like the cases at all for the pre, or at leat the one I got from our store here. It was black and chrome. It felt to bulky and I like to use my little leather pouch that came with my phone.
    As long as I order from the web and call them for support, they have been great for more than 5 years. If I go in to the store, they are usually idiots - especially since they started trying to push everyone to Android phones.

The service and sales reps are all the same now (and 3rd party contractors) in the nearby company store and so even the support desk is trying to sell android to everyone that comes in with a problem.

it needs to be renamed the obamaphone because there is no problem that can't be resolved by android.

but the phone reps are measured on your satisfaction, so they don't try to sell stuff to you.
    Droid is only good on the right fone imo. It on too many damn fones now.
    I love homebrew!

Palm Pre Plus from VZW
    -Overclocked
    -Some Emulators
    -Patches
    --5x4 icon V2
    --Battery Icon and Percent
    --Email Confirm/Delete
    --Enable Landscape Email
    --Fahrenheit Temperature with Battery in Device
    --iPhone style for Texting
    --Match State to Area Code