1.    #1  
    Just got a a replacement refurb Pre from Sprint last week. I swear only half the time it makes the SMS text noise and vibrates. I have never had a Pre do this to me before. Anyone else had this problem with their Pre or know of a solution to fix it? Any response would be appreciated thanks!
    i would doctor it
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i would doctor it
    With me having 5 or 6 Pre's and doing the DR about 10 times total over that course I really wish there was something else I could do. I just installed my kernel and patches and theme ect few days ago. What a waste of time and I made it so far into Angry Birds!!! I was at 6-14 on Angry Birds when I got this refurb Pre and it didnt save my progress over the Palm Profile servers : (
    Try running webos repair utility that might fix the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    With me having 5 or 6 Pre's and doing the DR about 10 times total over that course I really wish there was something else I could do. I just installed my kernel and patches and theme ect few days ago. What a waste of time and I made it so far into Angry Birds!!! I was at 6-14 on Angry Birds when I got this refurb Pre and it didnt save my progress over the Palm Profile servers : (

Couple things....

1st Palm Profile doesn't save any app data (other than apps that specifically have a setting to choose what to sync with). If you do any homebrew (might as well if you have gone thru that many phones) I would suggest using the Save/Restore app in preware.

Now to your issue, are you patched at all? Is this happening when you have the SMS card open?

Recently I have noticed a similar issue, I mostly notice it when I have the SMS card open and it's with the person I am talking to already. It is not consistent and it very well could be me missing the alert (since every time I test it it works fine). I don't worry about it being that I am pretty heavily patched, for some examples of things that could be causing issues, I have repeat alert for SMS and missed calls, I also run mode switcher so it could be something I tweaked in there on certain profiles.

This probably isn't any help as to your issue (other than backing up data in apps), but wanted to throw out my experience.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    you will not get the sound notification when you have the convo card open to the person your talking to , unless you put the convo into card view.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Couple things....

1st Palm Profile doesn't save any app data (other than apps that specifically have a setting to choose what to sync with). If you do any homebrew (might as well if you have gone thru that many phones) I would suggest using the Save/Restore app in preware.

Now to your issue, are you patched at all? Is this happening when you have the SMS card open?

Recently I have noticed a similar issue, I mostly notice it when I have the SMS card open and it's with the person I am talking to already. It is not consistent and it very well could be me missing the alert (since every time I test it it works fine). I don't worry about it being that I am pretty heavily patched, for some examples of things that could be causing issues, I have repeat alert for SMS and missed calls, I also run mode switcher so it could be something I tweaked in there on certain profiles.

This probably isn't any help as to your issue (other than backing up data in apps), but wanted to throw out my experience.
    You know whats weird though is I have The Helicopter Game and it saved my High Score somehow from my last Pre and every Pre I have had to replace. So somehow Palm Profile remembers that. But back to the SMS sound I have the card open to the person and before my screen totally turns black is when I don't hear a sound for when a new message arrives. I know for a fact it would always consistently play the sound with all my previous Pre's in the same situation. Whenever the screen is black and on standby it always plays the sound it appears. But its frustrating because when right before the screen goes black and someone leaves me a message it doesn't notify me I have a message. No blinking or anything in the notification bar. I wish there was a setting to make my screen go black faster without having to hit the power button to turn it off manually. Or is there a patch for that?
    you can use the add more screen off times patch but thats not the correct name for it . not sure what it is off hand but there is one time in there for 15 seconds . that should be enough. im not even sure if the 15 second time is one of the standard times or not.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Just got a a replacement refurb Pre from Sprint last week. I swear only half the time it makes the SMS text noise and vibrates. I have never had a Pre do this to me before. Anyone else had this problem with their Pre or know of a solution to fix it? Any response would be appreciated thanks!
    this used to happen to me and i found out the behavior of this bug. if the screen is on and in the convo recieving sms/aim it will not make a sound. i never did get this fixed i doctors repaired looked thru all my patches checking to see if it was a patch i added by mistake and nothing.... it was a refurb too and i had to get THAT ONE replaced..... with one with missing screws .:sigh:. then they said they wuddent replace thet missing screws one and i had to go WAYYYYYY outta my way to get it fixed at a sprint store sry man hope u get it fixed smhow
    You know whats weird though is I have The Helicopter Game and it saved my High Score somehow from my last Pre and every Pre I have had to replace. So somehow Palm Profile remembers that. But back to the SMS sound I have the card open to the person and before my screen totally turns black is when I don't hear a sound for when a new message arrives. I know for a fact it would always consistently play the sound with all my previous Pre's in the same situation. Whenever the screen is black and on standby it always plays the sound it appears. But its frustrating because when right before the screen goes black and someone leaves me a message it doesn't notify me I have a message. No blinking or anything in the notification bar. I wish there was a setting to make my screen go black faster without having to hit the power button to turn it off manually. Or is there a patch for that?
    yea same thing happened to me I HATED IT! i missed an important text that way....
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    yea same thing happened to me I HATED IT! i missed an important text that way....
    Sorry to hear that... I really am debating though whether getting my 6th Pre is worth it. I think I can maybe live with this but then again it is SOO annoying. I already have my Pre setup the way I want. I don't want another one and go through the whole reinstalling everything process again ugh... PALM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Release a release date for your new SUPERDEVICE OR ELSE!
    Sorry to hear that... I really am debating though whether getting my 6th Pre is worth it. I think I can maybe live with this but then again it is SOO annoying. I already have my Pre setup the way I want. I don't want another one and go through the whole reinstalling everything process again ugh... PALM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Release a release date for your new SUPERDEVICE OR ELSE!
    I soooooo feel you right now I have fone excatly how I want it but my proximity sensor works wen it feels like it but I don't want to get a new one n do it alll over again
    well with the save package info and then the save/restore app its really easy to get back to normal pretty quick and save info on your apps and all your launcher info as well . but thats just me .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you will not get the sound notification when you have the convo card open to the person your talking to , unless you put the convo into card view.
    this is not true <for me>, i just got a text from my sister while her card was open and i got my text tone.

i had the no notification issue when i was using the sms per contact v2 patch. after i took that one off and put the original back on, i got my notifications all the time.
    Last edited by tsnum4; 09/25/2010 at 07:45 PM.
    well thats the way it works for me right now . i will test this out right now and report back .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    nope it didnt change anything at all !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    ok got it to work right now !! if you download the sms tones per contact patch and go into the sounds and ringtones app and set the messages tone to the desired tone and then reset phone. worked like a charm !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok got it to work right now !! if you download the sms tones per contact patch and go into the sounds and ringtones app and set the messages tone to the desired tone and then reset phone. worked like a charm !!
    with the patch or without? I am also running the sms tone per contact, if it is working for you with the patch, please post in this thread again to keep us updated.

Like I said, I am not willing to try and figure out the combination of settings that is messing this up currently, I just try to remember to close the card and/or pay attention to the phone.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i am using the sms tone per contact patch (the original, not v2) and i get my message tone even when i have the conversation card open.

when i used the v2 patch, i did NOT get the tone.
    I think I am running v2, that must be my issue, because I have confirmed this issue with not only audible alert but with vibrate as well.