Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Got a palm pre a few days again, its my first smart phone, and phone with internet. Like it so far, just a few questions though...

So i've read that it is possible to change sms and email ringtones by going to the messaging preferance and accounts, and simply change the ring tone there under show notifications..

But, when i go to preferences and accounts, the only thing under it is "Play Sounds" and the only options it has is on/off. No option to change any ringtone. Why??

Also, i was previously able to copy images from the web to my phone by holding the orange button and tapping the picture and tapping copy picture. It worked fine the first time, now every time i do it it says copy successful, i go to my images, look in all the folders, even all images, and they are not there????
    You'll need to install PreWare to change the messaging tone per contact, As for the downloading pics via orange tap i'm not sure about that one.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Welcome to Precentral!
    Its nice to hear that you got a Palm Pre phone. Its a very powerful device, as expected and it's very customizable too. Work on getting Preware and Webos Quick Install first and then you can get into the goodies!

Here's a link to how to install Preware and Webos QI
    http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes
    ake really good soft cases for it, hence you should go with a good hard case.[/COLOR]
    If you feel the phone is fast enough, then you dont need to. But if you want to live on the edge, you can try the Uberkernel (800MHZ), F105 Thunderbird (1005MHZ), SR71 BlackBird at an AMAZINGLY FAST 1200MHZ.Both kernels were made possible by the one and only unixpsycho. All this of course are at your own discretion.
    I'm pretty tech savvy I fix iphones and bb's for a hobby. But I noticed that people are swapping the internals (mainly com boards) to increase there ram and internal memory. Is this really worth doing if I overclock the cpu.
    I dont believe you can swap verizon rams with Sprint's or vice versa, but i could be wrong.
    Webos is a very slick phone OS. Out of its class. Its one of the most intuitive OS i've every used. Its offers slick and quick multi-tasking as opposed to what the competitors promise you. This means, you can use your calender while listening to your favorite band and also while playing a 3D game (compache support handles this for us, as of now).......ALSO, while chatting off on your aim messenger or whatever you have.
    Inorder to change the sounds you mentioned, you need to root your phone. Follow the steps above to achieve that. And then, theres a patch for that. messaging tone per contact as he stated above. Also, are you trying to save the images off googles mobile site search? If so, the first image of the search is javascript, so you have to click view full image to be able to save the whole thing.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  4.    #4  
    I'm not even trying to change it per contact though, just trying to change it for all messages in general. All it will do is the standard little sound the phone does for everything
    Quote Originally Posted by dhatx View Post
    I'm not even trying to change it per contact though, just trying to change it for all messages in general. All it will do is the standard little sound the phone does for everything
    In that case, you'll have to change the sound for notifications.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    In that case, you'll have to change the sound for notifications.
    When i go to the help option on the phone it tells me to do the same, but when i go to the options in message when it says "Play sound" the option is on/off. no way to pick any other sound
    What version webos are you running?
    Quote Originally Posted by dhatx View Post
    When i go to the help option on the phone it tells me to do the same, but when i go to the options in message when it says "Play sound" the option is on/off. no way to pick any other sound
    Theres a patch that gives you the option to do that. Im sure mamouton's about to tell you because i forget the name of the patch. He's a lot more tech savvy than me!

Make Mamouton mod already!

the pics are saved in a different folder but still in the photos section. downloads i think?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    the pics are saved in a different folder but still in the photos section. downloads i think?
    Nah, they are saved under "miscellaneous"

In the messaging app, go to the preferences screen, that's where you change the sound.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  12.    #12  
    I'm downloading 1.4.5 right now, and ive looked in miscellaneous. Again, the first pic i copied from the web is there but none of the ones ive tried to copy after that are!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    In the messaging app, go to the preferences screen, that's where you change the sound.
    Yeah...what she said...pick ringtones.

Not to get off topic, but did you guys know you chat with Palm with from your phone?...Hold down the power button and push the little "I" to the right of airplne mode. Scroll to the bottom of the page that comes up and you'll see "chat with Palm".

15.    #15  
    It doesn't have the option of pick ringtone.

This is what i get.

Open messaging menu
    go to preferences and accounts

then i have

Show notifications on/off
    Play sounds on/off

Nothing to tap on to pick a ringtone
    weird stuff man. im @ a loss. take a screenshot and upload it would ya?
    Last edited by bradenfontaine; 09/24/2010 at 08:42 PM. Reason: im a loser
    Once you get 1.4.5 installed you will have the options Jason is referring to, previous webos versions needed a patch to change message, email, and calendar tones. Now you can change them without the patch. But Jason is also talking about the SMS per contact patch version 1 or version 2, which imo is a must have.
    coulda swore i was able to change those sounds via the settings in each before i ever knew what patching was?!
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    coulda swore i was able to change those sounds via the settings in each before i ever knew what patching was?!
    Actually I believe 1.4.1.1 started the option without the need for patching.
    sounds bout right. let us know how it does after u update to 1.4.5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast