1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Today when i was in my friends car he offered to let me take control of the music. So i pull out my pre and stick in the aux jack and start playing music off my pre. As i placed my pre onto my lap it did something fairly strange which i have never seen my pre do before. It would randomally stop the music then start it up again, then it would stop the song change the song then start playing again for a few seconds only to do the same thing again.

I am confused as to why this would happen, i am not sure if it is a hardware or software problem. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance,

Krab19
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    Hey guys,

Today when i was in my friends car he offered to let me take control of the music. So i pull out my pre and stick in the aux jack and start playing music off my pre. As i placed my pre onto my lap it did something fairly strange which i have never seen my pre do before. It would randomally stop the music then start it up again, then it would stop the song change the song then start playing again for a few seconds only to do the same thing again.

I am confused as to why this would happen, i am not sure if it is a hardware or software problem. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance,

Krab19
    It is the aux cable that is causing the playing. Now there could be a few reasions to why the aux cable would cause these problems, yet they are all definitely hardware related. What I recommend doing is cleaning the jack at the top of the pre and cleaning the end of the aux cable and then trying again.

Pip
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the suggestion, i just sprayed some compressed air into my headphone jack and I was able to get a good amount of dust out. I will also clean it out with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. I will report back in a couple days with the results
    OMG!!...This happened to me too!!!
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191