Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    So I was debating adding a contest to office basketball. Basically the first few people to get 25 (or a different number) of hits in a row and prove it could message me. Then I would pay pal or send them a prize or something.

It sounds like fun to me and I would like games to do that, but I wanted your input.

So good idea? Stupid idea? How many in a row would be fair but hard, and what sort of prize or amount would interest people?
    Sounds cool.... I haven't played the game yet, but adding something similar would be cool. Could always build a feature into the app, when you hit X in a row, a notification pops up that you can enter.... have the app send an e-mail to a box, and say you will pick however many people out of said e-mails every week or what not to win some sort of prize. This would be even better if the Palm App Cat allowed gifting of apps and/or credits to purchase apps (keeping it in the family you know).
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Sounds cool.... I haven't played the game yet, but adding something similar would be cool. Could always build a feature into the app, when you hit X in a row, a notification pops up that you can enter.... have the app send an e-mail to a box, and say you will pick however many people out of said e-mails every week or what not to win some sort of prize. This would be even better if the Palm App Cat allowed gifting of apps and/or credits to purchase apps (keeping it in the family you know).
    I like this idea a lot.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Yeah, I was thinking something like that. I'd LOVE it if I could gift out apps....that way when I have the full version complete I could give out free copies to people like you suggested. I've started working on a method to handle it all, but didn't want to spend the time on it if their wasn't any interest.

Office basketball is free so check it out and let me know what you think a fair score would be. I would want it difficult so its a reward for skill and not a random drawing only. Gotta reward the skill!

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking something like that. I'd LOVE it if I could gift out apps....that way when I have the full version complete I could give out free copies to people like you suggested. I've started working on a method to handle it all, but didn't want to spend the time on it if their wasn't any interest.

Office basketball is free so check it out and let me know what you think a fair score would be. I would want it difficult so its a reward for skill and not a random drawing only. Gotta reward the skill!

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Just downloaded the app, and it quits when I tap play
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Well crap, thats no good. A new update just went out this morning so I wonder if something got messed up. Could you orange click on the icon and tell me what version it says you have? It should be 1.0.2 or 1.0.3.
    EDIT -
    Just cleared and downloaded again and I did not have any crashing problems. P.M. me and we can get it figured out!
    Last edited by tacroy; 09/24/2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: -tested on device
    Neat idea. Don't think I would accomplish it, though - 5 in a row is about the best I've done.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Ok, so there is apparently a issue that some rare users will get with the 1.0.3 version where it crashes on startup. Kel was kind enough to do some trouble shooting with me and I have submitted a new version 1.0.4 to palm that should remove the crashing. Unfortunately it also temporarily removes the score saving. Hopefully they accept the update quickly.
    I just installed the app as well..... when I hit start, the app closes. I have restarted the phone, uninstalled, reinstalled... Sprint Pre 1.4.5, every other app I have runs fine.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    @OldSkool - I have found a issue that will affect some pre's and have submitted an update to palm to resolve it. Hopefully they will accept the update soon! And I'm super sorry for the problem!
    Cool, and no worries, this stuff happens... I will download when the update is up. Please post in this thread (as I am sure you will) in case I don't notice the update.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Just posting to let you all know that the new update IS up and live. ( i posted in the other thread and wanted to make sure I caught this one too!)
    I just got 38 in a row. Emailed the code to the email address as specified. Fun Game!
    I got 34 in a row yesterday and emailed the code, but never have gotten a reply yet
    update has been working fine..... best so far was 10....... really 34 and 38?????

Maybe I missed it but figured replies wouldn't come out til the contest ends (isn't that tonight?). Sorry I have been super busy this week and haven't been keeping up very well.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    update has been working fine..... best so far was 10....... really 34 and 38?????

Maybe I missed it but figured replies wouldn't come out til the contest ends (isn't that tonight?). Sorry I have been super busy this week and haven't been keeping up very well.
    yes I really got 34
    haha I was going to say 20 but with scores like those maybe 30 should be the score to reach. Great game and I love the idea for a contest.
    34? 38? Holy carp!

My best so far is 12. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz