1.    #1  
    I set my 90% charged Pre Plus on the touchstone and it turned itself off. Like the battery was removed, there was no warning or the usual screens you see when powering down. The power key would not turn it back on, I had to remove the battery to turn it back on. The device is OC with Uberkernel and Govnah, but device temp was only 100. When I checked Govnah, it was set back to Palm Default instead of the 500/1000 I usually keep it at - not sure if that's an automatic after a battery pull. This has happened 3x today. Any thoughts on what might be going on?
    some of the Pre phones came with batteries that are a tad smaller than they should be. That is enough to reboot the phone when you open or close the slider, or just bump the phone. Try placing a wad of paper at the back end of the battery to see if the problem goes away. If it does, a new battery or a Centro battery will fix your problem.
    If that does not work, then you may have a hardware issue.
    This could be your Pre crashing from Uberkernel. Maybe it's not getting enough voltage when screenstate switches to 500Mhz.
    Same thing happened to me, while running Uberkernel and Govnah (uncommanded shutdowns and clock-speed resets). At first, I tried using the paper method for a better battery fit, but that failed. In the end, I removed both Uberkernel and Govnah, and I've had no problems since. That is, other than running at a pokey 500mhz
    I believe that with a hard reset(batt pull) the phone reverts back to factory settings.(don't hold me to that though)

Remove and re-add uberkernal... that might fix the turnoff issue.
    you could run one of the experimental kernels like f105 and tweak the voltage settings for 500mhz. It sounds like you're one of the unlucky ones that happens to have a pre that requires a bit more voltage at 500mhz.