1. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    This has been happening for a while now...

I have preware and govnah/kernal installed and have been running at 1ghz 800mhz and for the last week just been keeping it at stock kernal speeds, but it still shuts off overnight, kind of annoying. Esp. since I have to remove the battery and put it back in before it will re-start, the power button does nothing unless the battery is removed and put back.

I think it could be because the pre gets rather warm on the touchstone and the govnah does some sort of temp sensor shut down operation, anyone else have any ideas?

I like my 800mhz/1ghz speeds

Nick
    Govnah doesn't shut off your phone, it just cycles it down, until it cools off, if it overheats.

Sounds like something else weird is going on.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    is there a way to slow down procesor during chargue in the touchstone?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    pull up govnah and clock it down. then clock it back up?^^ ah the land of automation i guess. to the original poster. i'd consider uninstalling the software, ie uberkernal and govnah and reinstall fresh. I use my touchstone and uber just as u describe at 500/1000 and ( knock on wood for saying this ) have had no issue with shut down :-/
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    are you installing Battery Monitor apps? I once experienced that symptom too after installing Battery Monitor. Fixed by uninstall the apps.
    I've had this happen to my Pre once and it happens more regularly to my Wife's Pixi.
    Seems in her case anyway that she doesn't get the phone seated on the touchstone properly most times. Even times when I have placed it on there and made sure it was charging/working correctly, in the morning it would be off.

Her Pixi is completely un-homebrewed (I can't convince her to try it out), my Pre has all sorts of it. I've come to the conclusion with her Pixi that is just looses it spot on the charger somehow and it does that touchstone/charger dance which strains/drains the battery. I have no other explanation for it.

I've switched her to a different TS, same issues. It wasn't until I got a different TS back for her Pixi that the problem has all but went away. Bad magnets in the other one, bad contacts to the battery? I don't know. So maybe trying that?...

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    one question would be: was the battery empty next day?
  8. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Battery is always full in the morning... :/

I had used pre-set re-set for a while, thought that might have done it so I un-installed that, but that didn't seem to do anything...

I've been playing snes emulator like a mofo, but I don't think that should do anything...

The only battery monitor app I have is the "battery monitor" and it doesn't work unless it's open, but I'll try unistalling and re-installing some apps today, see what happens...

I think it's the touchstone because at work I leave it charging and it's fine, just through the usb cable.

Thanks for all the replys!

Nick
    I would look into /var/log/messages to find some problem. You will find e.g. The temperatur of te battery there.
    Try a direct USB plug in for a few days and see what happens.
    I would suggest using screenstate, with the Min. set at 500Mhz and having the screen turned of when on the touchstone. You can use Mode Switcher or Quick Systems task to turn off the screen.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by skohcl View Post
    Battery is always full in the morning... :/
    Hmm, I've had this happen once, but it was because I did not have the Pre properly seated on the Touchstone...if the battery is full, that certainly isn't the issue.

You might want to open a ticket with Palm.
  13. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    So I have been using the screenstates overclock, but now I just un-installed the kernel and it might also be of note that I was using the new "Animated" theme with all sorts of cool emoticons and animated things, kinda' lagged my pre but it looks super awesome!

Anyways, I have had the blank screen on touchstone patch as well, so no problems there. I'll try again tonight after un-installing everything and see how it goes, but as usual I re-seated my battery this morning and it was fine, so lets hope it's alright this morning!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhol View Post
    is there a way to slow down procesor during chargue in the touchstone?
    I could be wrong, but I thought there was something written into Uberkernal that automatically clocked back to factory settings while charging to prevent overheating?

Quote Originally Posted by skohcl View Post
    I think it's the touchstone because at work I leave it charging and it's fine, just through the usb cable.

Thanks for all the replys!

Nick
    It could be the touchstone itself, or it could be the touchstone back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought there was something written into Uberkernal that automatically clocked back to factory settings while charging to prevent overheating?.
    UK now only clocks back when the processor reaches a high temperature. I think only the F10X kernels clockback while on the Touchstone still.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  16. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Un-installed alot of stuff including my theme and uberkernal, charges overnight just fine now, not sure when I'll re-install uberkernal etc. but yeah... it work now.