1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just bought an unlocked Palm Pre from UK and I am having problems getting past the "Create Palm Profile" screen.

I entered my username, password, email etc. and an error msg shows no data connection found.

So I tapped on Enter Phone Settings and changed the Internet APN to "internet" (without the quotes) and left Username and Password blank.

I'm using TPG (which is using Optus network) and from my research online, the above is the correct APN settings. However, an error msg appears "Invalid Internet APN Settings"

I can see "TPG" on the top left corner of screen so that means I'm getting network signals.

Any Aussie users managed to get past the palm profile stage? (without metadoctoring)
    From this thread How many Aussie/NZ Pre phones

P|C members AlanCorporation and pangi used to have Pre on TPG. They may have moved on, but you could try to PM them. There are other Optus users listed as well.
    Last edited by johncc; 09/23/2010 at 06:01 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    From this thread How many Aussie/NZ Pre phones

P|C members AlanCorporation and pangi used to have Pre on TPG. They may have moved on, but you could try to PM them. There are other Optus users listed as well.
    thanks for the tips. have PMed them.

as for yourself, how did you managed to get past the Create Palm profile stage? Did you meta doctor it?
  4.    #4  
    hey got it to work!

I used a friend's optus sim card to activate it! and Palm pre auto detect the IPN settings
    Quote Originally Posted by needprehelp9 View Post
    thanks for the tips. have PMed them.

as for yourself, how did you managed to get past the Create Palm profile stage? Did you meta doctor it?
    Like you have now, I just put my ( 3 ) SIM in and it worked.