1.    #1  
    Trying to make a profit with homebrew!

1GHz Verizon Palm Pre Plus Slide Touch WiFi Smartphone on eBay.ca (item 320589223198 end time 11-Oct-10 17:11:02 EDT)

Don't know, just think it's wrong...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I don't understand, it seems to me that they are selling there pre and they had put some patchs on it and overclocked it. Are you saying that they should restore it to factory specs before selling it? I wasn't left with the feeling that anything was being presented as more then what it is. I'm fine with it.
    Anything you can do to make it more appealing is a good thing.
    ^^totally agree... I don't see any issue. As a matter of fact, whoever buys this is going to get a device far better than stock.
    no story here,,i don't get it,whats the issue here?lol
    seems fairly priced too
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Ummmm... Will it maintain the patches when the user tries to set up their own account on the phone? Just wondering.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Ummmm... Will it maintain the patches when the user tries to set up their own account on the phone? Just wondering.
    Hmm... good question...
    hmm. looks like UberKernel is installed on it. I was gonna ask for a % of sale.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    hmm. looks like UberKernel is installed on it. I was gonna ask for a % of sale.
    Thats a good one! lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Well as long as they disclose the deal with it I don't see a prob if the used the activation bypass patch then it will keep all the installed items they would also need to have the first use app on there as well so that they can sign in to there profile and down load apps from the app catalog so I guess its ok 160 was not a bad price either
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    "Hi all inexperienced or too-lazy meta-nontorians. I will log onto your computer via RDP, and create Meta-Doctor firmware at your request, for just 25 USD! Oh btw, thanks Rod."

It just smells too much like making profit off/taking credit for someone else's hard work.
    This is what I mean...

I'm not sure what license UberKernel and the others are released with, but it may even be violating that, by taking profit from free software.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I dont think the seller is profiting from overcocking. I sold a 18 month old STOCK palm pre with a touchstone for 150.00. So .... don't see an issue with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    I dont think the seller is profiting from overcocking. I sold a 18 month old STOCK palm pre with a touchstone for 150.00. So .... don't see an issue with this one.
    True...this is ALMOST totally legit...but he was selling for $164 plus a $105 for shipping...are you serious. I think that also violates an Ebay agreement on inflating the shipping cost way beyond a reasonable S&H charge.

Nothing to do with this site of course, and Ebay would have to flag it but still...$105 for USA shipping...GEEZ!

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    There is no escaping from the fact: If you're selling something used it normally sells "As Is" if the seller feels like selling their phone modified, then they have all right to do so. Who chooses to buy it ~ well, that's a different thing. :-D
    Ps. The selling price is totally ridiculous ~ unless the seller is the one who made the overclock kernal.
    Last edited by RUSH; 09/24/2010 at 04:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    I dont think the seller is profiting from overcocking.
    That's what she said.