Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I attach my Pre to my PC, load up USB drive, transfer some music etc, right click the Pre drive and Eject. Pre goes back to wallpaper, and Windows tells me it is safe to remove my hardware.

I open up the photos application and it tells me "you have to eject the drive before you can use photos." I try re-loading USB and re-ejecting, no joy. Only a reboot will solve this.

It is happening about 3/4 of the time I use USB drive now.

What do I do?
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Just happened for the first time to me last night. Had to reboot.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    are you trying to view ur pics on the pre or on ur pc?
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    I attach my Pre to my PC, load up USB drive, transfer some music etc, right click the Pre drive and Eject. Pre goes back to wallpaper, and Windows tells me it is safe to remove my hardware.

I open up the photos application and it tells me "you have to eject the drive before you can use photos." I try re-loading USB and re-ejecting, no joy. Only a reboot will solve this.

What do I do?
    in the bottom right hand side of my computer is a button to safly remove harware and eject media players, i use that to disconnect my phone, and have never had this issue. im using windows 7
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    in the bottom right hand side of my computer is a button to safly remove harware and eject media players, i use that to disconnect my phone, and have never had this issue. im using windows 7
    I've had it happen both ways, and I'm using 7 too.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLEY View Post
    are you trying to view ur pics on the pre or on ur pc?
    On Pre

What do I do?
    I noticed on my Win7 system, that my Pre started going straight back to the wallpaper instead of showing the Palm logo and re-indexing the files. Anyone know of a way to force re-indexing without rebooting?
    Had the same thing happen to me when I put new pictures on the phone. I did not check the phone after doing and when I wanted to show someone the pictures it said that eject thing. I had to go home, plug the phone back in, and then do the safely remove hardware thing and all was well. I will check my phone from now on to see that it disconnected properly.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    open up "my computer" or computer on ur pc then right click the PRE icon, then click eject. your phone should show the wallpaper screen, u can then safely disconnect without it rebooting.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abnimmers View Post
    open up "my computer" or computer on ur pc then right click the PRE icon, then click eject. your phone should show the wallpaper screen, u can then safely disconnect without it rebooting.
    Yes, exactly, and that's why I started this thread. I do that and I cannot view photos because the Pre tells me it was NOT ejected properly, even though I did eject it properly.
    I have had this happen to me recently, too..not sure why. but do you have Internalz installed? if you do, you can go into internalz, find any photo or file and rename the file. this will kick off a rescan of the device and in a few minutes, you will be able to see all your photos or files again
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    What a pain in the ___ this is!! I hope they fix this glitch in 2.0
    Yes, exactly, and that's why I started this thread. I do that and I cannot view photos because the Pre tells me it was NOT ejected properly, even though I did eject it properly.
    If you have Luna Manager, running rescan should fix it so you don't have to reboot.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by zentraed View Post
    I noticed on my Win7 system, that my Pre started going straight back to the wallpaper instead of showing the Palm logo and re-indexing the files. Anyone know of a way to force re-indexing without rebooting?
    The Palm Logo appears and flashes if you disconnect the phone without ejecting. If you want to see if that is responsible for re-indexing you can just pull the cord when its in usb mode.
    Not sure if this will work for anyone else but mine does this when I unplug the usb from my phone before the computer. The first time it happend I used the safely remove... unplugged the cord from my phone and got that message, had to restart. Next time I unplugged from the computer 1st and it did not happen. I have tested and every time I unplug from the phone first it happens, every time I unplug from computer first it does not.
    The best way to remove your Pre from your computer is to to right-click the drive and then 'Eject'. That "Safely remove hardware" thing never works right.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I discovered what was wrong. I just had to wait longer. If I eject my Pre from my PC and wait about a minute before trying to view pictures, it works fine.
    Yes, that would make a difference. Lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation