Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    It would be BRILLIANT if Sprint worked the Verizon GPS bug into a commercial somehow.
    I definitely think that would get VZWs attention.
    I can see some guy stumbling around looking lost, fiddling with his phone trying to get GPS to work, and asking "can you find me now?" as he talks to his phone. At which point, some geeky looking Sprint tech guy would come into the scene, hand him a Sprint Palm Pre and the guy would instantly march off, knowing exactly where he's going.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    You should definitely pitch that to Sprint. ROFL!!!!
    Oh that would such a cute commercial.
    Any news on the lawsuit?? Haven't heard anything? Although my GPS has been working lately, wonder if 1.4.5 actually fixed something. I tweeted VZwsupport a couple of days ago. They told me in order to fix the GPS problem I had to turn off location services. l
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    Any news on the lawsuit?? Haven't heard anything? Although my GPS has been working lately, wonder if 1.4.5 actually fixed something. I tweeted VZwsupport a couple of days ago. They told me in order to fix the GPS problem I had to turn off location services. l
    You mean turn off Google Services.

At best, you'll find that it works for a week or two before things go all SNAFU.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I have not heard anything back from the lawyer yet. As soon as I hear something, I'll post it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanglant View Post
    I have not heard anything back from the lawyer yet. As soon as I hear something, I'll post it here.
    We will most likely have frontpage support on this (i.e. blog posts so everyone who reads PreCentral can see this) but Jonathan's area of law expertise isn't litigation unfortunately, so he can't help in that regard, though we can expect his full support on whatever happens.

I think the following should be part of our reasoning:
    - Their on-site advertising was a very ambiguously-worded bit that was clearly there to make it look as if aGPS and Standalone were both accessible to any user, VZNav or not.
    - We are forced to pay money for a feature advertised without any mention of an incurred fee or not use that feature at all.
    - Lack of accessible aGPS hurts the business of developers who wish to sell their Apps to Verizon customers (like myself). I have ceased development of a GPS app of mine because I cannot even adequately test it. Furthermore, it is the developers who get blamed on the App Catalog in poor reviews when a GPS-related app doesn't work as promised because of VZW.
    wel my GPS crapped out. I called verizon spent one and a half hour on the phone. They basically said their is no known issue. And the pre plus was never advertised as having assisted GPS. Which is bull because that is one of the reasons I bought it. They wanted to completely wipe my phone, so I said I would call back,i wanna save some pics and videos first. Also @vzwsupport at first said they were working on the issue now they say that they have no plans to unblock the aGPS. So frustrating!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    wel my GPS crapped out. I called verizon spent one and a half hour on the phone. They basically said their is no known issue. And the pre plus was never advertised as having assisted GPS. Which is bull because that is one of the reasons I bought it. They wanted to completely wipe my phone, so I said I would call back,i wanna save some pics and videos first. Also @vzwsupport at first said they were working on the issue now they say that they have no plans to unblock the aGPS. So frustrating!!!
    I have proof that they advertised it with aGPS... a screenshot of the Pre Plus page before they edited it.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Can you email that screenshot to me? I'll give you my email in a PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanglant View Post
    Can you email that screenshot to me? I'll give you my email in a PM.
    Check your email!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    got it, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    I have proof that they advertised it with aGPS... a screenshot of the Pre Plus page before they edited it.
    Please email me as Verizon is trying to tell me that it was never there AFTER i reported them to the FCC
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Please email me as Verizon is trying to tell me that it was never there AFTER i reported them to the FCC
    Why not just post it here? That way everyone can share...
    yeah post it. The girl that helped me was really snooty! I wanna show her this! Or email it to me pm me.
    I'll post it up. Let me verify it has no personal info in it before I post it public.

Here you go, folks. Let's kick some VZW tail.

The part we are interested in is near the bottom... IN BOLD! What idiots... proves it was used a selling feature.

I have been searching for that screenshot, thank you so much!
    it's one of the reasons I got the phone. I spent 10 min arguing with a verizon tech support suervisor over this. She said the pre is not aGPS capable. I asked, "then how am I able to use VZnav?". Then she put me on hold. Came back wanting to troubleshoot some more, wanted to completely wipe my phone. I told her I'd call back. It's crap!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I may be way off here but... Isn't the agps issue not resident on the phone but with their towers not allowing access? Meaning it should not be a fix resident on the phone but just remove the filter on their system? So this has nothing to do with palm, nor would they really have any pull here. 2nd, if agps is unavailable for non vznav... Wouldn't the regular gps work then? If so...why doesn't it? My garmin obviously does not have agps and uses only gps I assume? And it works fine.

sure I'm ignorant with the tech details but am I way off? My point? I love vzw service but really, this is total bs. I would leave them but there are no other great choices in my area, and I don't want to leave webos. So yeah I'm ready to retalliate. What next?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast