Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
    It really won't give you a sense because, as with most online petitions, it assumes that all (or even a small portion) of the population will find your one petition on a small website on a vast Internet...
    Well, hopefully, that's where the Precentral community could come into play. It would have to spread by word of mouth from this forum.

Free online petitions can be started at iPetitions - Start a free online petition in minutes

People enter their name and email (further comments are optional) to sign the petition. Perhaps a trusted and reputable member of the forum could start one so people may not be skittish about entering their name and email...
    If you want to see what a petition looks like on there, here is one I set up: Petition to unlock Palm Pre Plus aGPS on Verizon.

I don't intend for people to sign this one, since nobody knows me from Adam. But, again, if a known and trusted forum member was so inclined to set up something similar, that'd be a good way to get the ball rolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    If you want to see what a petition looks like on there, here is one I set up: Petition to unlock Palm Pre Plus aGPS on Verizon.

I don't intend for people to sign this one, since nobody knows me from Adam. But, again, if a known and trusted forum member was so inclined to set up something similar, that'd be a good way to get the ball rolling.
    You could ask Dieter Bohn to set one up since he is the editor-in-chief of this site (and all other SPE sites).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    What I wonder is whether the GPS is deliberately disabled or disabled as a result of a bug. Given it works fine on Sprint and AT&T, and even works perfectly with their navigator program, it seems like Verizon would have to have done something deliberate to disable the GPS. I guess it's possible there is some carrier-specific customization that has to occur to enable aGPS that perhaps has a Verizon-specific bug in it, but that seems like it would break the Navigator program too.

If it is deliberate, then why? That means Verizon is doing extra work to take a feature away from their customers! They probably have to re-disable it (and test it) on every WebOS update! Why go to all this trouble to take a pretty standard feature away from a small number of customers? I can understand them not wanting to go to the trouble of fixing a bug for a small number of customers, but why go to the trouble to induce (and test) a bug?

I understand they may want to force people to pay for the feature, but then why make the hotspot feature free? Maybe it's just the corporate "the left hand has no clue what the right hand is doing" scenario. It just makes no sense to me.

Somebody said only the aGPS has a problem on Verizon, implying I guess that unassisted GPS is fine, but I don't get a lock after standing still for 5 minutes under a clear sky. Any non-assisted GPS can get a lock on satellites in that amount of time. Is there some way to make the non-assisted GPS work better?
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    we've ben through this for months. Well documented and somewhat acknowledged by verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    You could ask Dieter Bohn to set one up since he is the editor-in-chief of this site (and all other SPE sites).
    Do you know how I can send him a message?
    I got a call from Verizon yesterday because of my FCC complaint on GPS .. here is my post on it

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...77#post2675377
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I got a call from Verizon yesterday because of my FCC complaint on GPS .. here is my post on it

Awesome. We ALL have to hold Verizon's feet to the fire on this. I'm glad this thing finally seems to be getting some traction. I've filed reports of my own and hope others will do likewise. It doesn't take long!
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post

EVERYONE should do this!!! Here is the link:

FCC Consumer Complaints

Choose "wireless telephone" from the list and then click "next"

On the next page, I would choose "Deceptive or unlawful advertising or marketing by a communications company" and then click "next"

On the next plage, click to fill out the online form.

You'll then fill out a form 2000A with your personal information in the top box. In the second part of the form, you'll fill out the information only in #1 as that applies to wireless carriers. You get 1000 words to describe your complaint. FYI: Our complaint is that Verizon originally sold the Pre Plus while listing aGPS as one of its included features. Nowhere was it stated or implied that VZ Navigator was required for aGPS to work. Verizon has since altered their website to remove aGPS from the list of included features. This constitutes a breach of contract by Verizon.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I've just filed my complaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanglant View Post
    I've just filed my complaint.
    Awesome...let's hope others will do the same!
    Done. We'll see if anything will come of it.
    Ok, I did it too, thanks for the tip!
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    Just filled out two FCC complaints, one from me and one from my wife.

The fact that we are paying for the same calling, texting, and data plan as people that have, say, a Droid makes me think we should have the same features available as long as its possible on the phones, which it is.

The cost to Verizon for Palm users to use the aGPS would be no different than the Droid users. It shouldn't matter how many people use the phones in comparison. The fact that we pay the same prices for data, it should have the same features offered. Just another way Verizon tries to push people into the Droid world.

And also the fact that they changed the features on a phone should result in a breech of contract, which means we should be able to get out of our contract at no cost.

They can do 3 different things:

1) Fix the aGPS issue (should be done)
    2) Allow either a free upgrade to any other phone, or any other phone for a contract price (not really ideal because I love the Pre)
    3) Allow people to get out of their contracts without paying the ETF.

EDIT: On a side note, I am currently deployed overseas and Verizon will not respond to my requests to suspend my service and stop charging me like they have done in the past. I wish I could get to a phone when they are actually open and make that happen, because I am spending too much money on a service that I am not/can not even use.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Michael, you need to go see JAG about that. It's a federal law that they have to allow you to suspend your service. JAG will have all the pertinent information for you and you might be able to get compensated for the money you've spent so far since you deployed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanglant View Post
    Michael, you need to go see JAG about that. It's a federal law that they have to allow you to suspend your service. JAG will have all the pertinent information for you and you might be able to get compensated for the money you've spent so far since you deployed.
    Ditto!
    So we're up to 6 FCC complaints filed now...hope we can get a lot more.
    I completed for my husband and for everyone who is having the issues. I'm with Sprint and I'm so glad I don't have that issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I completed for my husband and for everyone who is having the issues. I'm with Sprint and I'm so glad I don't have that issue.
    It would be BRILLIANT if Sprint worked the Verizon GPS bug into a commercial somehow.
    LOL @ YankBoy kinda like 'can you year me now' commericals they used to do.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast