1.    #1  
    Hey, suddenly my Pre is draining the battery like mad.

Does anyone know why this might be? Here are some of the things I have installed, but it never used to be this bad!

Running 1.4.5

Uberkernel - 600mhz-125mhz screenstate

Screen brightness - 1%

Facebook Chat patch, Msn messenger chat patch

Polling: Facebook, foursquare, Google Latitude updater, Tweet Me, UsbFix all set to 1 hour polling.

Mail is set to "as items arrive"

Weather Dashboard

The "Device Menu Maxed Out" with the Battery Percent in it.

Bluetooth, GPS Data and Phone Radio are all on.

I Preset Reset every morning.

I have the 1400mAh Mugen battery.

Should I be getting 1% a minute battery drain with these settings?

Are there any apps/patches out there that might cause significant drain, I only mentioned the ones I know can cause battery drain.
    Two immediate things.

- Screenstate won't work if your brightness is less than 10%
    - GPS is a real pig. Turn it off when you don't need it.
  3.    #3  
    I have my screen at 10% exactly on the dot.

I will think about GPS, maybe just disable GPS Fix first.
  4.    #4  
    Oh, I also have a theme installed. Do themes eat up system resources?

I didnt think they did..
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    Two immediate things.

wait 10%? First I've heard of that..care to explain,

this is something I really should know..
    OP The last week or two I've just been toggling GPS w/ Sconix's device menu patch when I need it and it's done wonders for my battery life! 1% per minute sounds pretty excessive though. Not sure what to tell you beyond that...

News to me! In what way does it not work? Does it stay at the high? The low?

Just checked and my brightness is at 8 it it seems to be switching on my 250/1000 profile... Something I'm missing here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post

News to me! In what way does it not work? Does it stay at the high? The low?

Just checked and my brightness is at 8 it it seems to be switching on my 250/1000 profile... Something I'm missing here?
    Same, cept I leave my brightness on 1, the only time it stays on 1ghz is when nodoze is running for obvious reasons.

Op-- If you are not using blutooth then turn it off, also it could be due to some app not closing properly causing a memory leak, in that case, restart your phone and see if the drain continues,

If I leave my phone, with 1ghz/500mhz screenstate, 2g only, 2 email accounts refreshing every 10 mins, 1 as emails come, bad kitty refreshing updates every hour, neato, brightness unlinked, battery monitor, clear card, a theame installed, and a bunch of patches. With the screen off, my phone drains around 5-6% and hour on its own. Its good to do a few experiments to determine your phones average battery drain.
    I want to say I read some time ago in some threads that it was <5% screen brightness for the screenstate gov to switch speeds. I could be wrong. That is what I've always told people.

So, I posed the question in the UK thread. Hopefully one of the geniuses there can give a definitive answer.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Two immediate things.

UnixPsycho fixed the brightness issue a few months ago. That is old advice.

git.webos-internals.org Git - kernels/patches.git/commitdiff

"make screenstate monitor current and voltage v1.4.1-67 v1.4.2-67 v1.4.3-67 v1.4.5-67"

M.
    Yep that's what unixpsycho posted!

That isn't true anymore. Brightness levels wont effect screenstate in all current kernel builds.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 09/22/2010 at 03:41 PM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  11.    #11  
    I think ive discovered the culprit.

I moved back home, and while I had 5 bars of CDMA signal in my apartment, back home I have 0-half a bar.

So I think thats taking its toll.
    That'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I think ive discovered the culprit.

I moved back home, and while I had 5 bars of CDMA signal in my apartment, back home I have 0-half a bar.

So I think thats taking its toll.
    yeah that would have a huge effect, really if your in an area of weak signal like I normally am, I switch my phone to 2g only, as it is pointless being on 3g when it takes more battery, and there is barley any signal