Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hello,

I prefer using facebook through the browser, but all of a sudden for some reason the facebook app comes up every time. I cleared cookies, history etc. How can I disable the facebook app?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coolecho View Post
    Hello,

I prefer using facebook through the browser, but all of a sudden for some reason the facebook app comes up every time. I cleared cookies, history etc. How can I disable the facebook app?

Thanks
    that is a weird problem.
    If you don't want to use the app, simply delete it. Hold down the Orange key and tap on the facebook app, then delete.
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hi vtboyarc,

I deleted it, but still doesn't use browser. Tried reboot also. Still comes up with the white on blue facebook app interface. Wanted to do screenshot but forgot how.
    Thanks.
    I have both a bookmark for facebook and the facebook app on my phone. When I open the browser the facebook bookmark is there and it uses that. When I open up launcher the facebook app is there.

What I click on determines.

I'd delete the app and delete the bookmark, reboot and then go to the browser and open up..Oh and log out of your app or bookmark before you delete.
    Are you sure you're not confusing the MOBILE SITE with the app? And that what you want is the full site and not the mobile site?

Screen shot is Orange button+Sym+P. Posting one might help us diagnose the problem.
    The FaceBook Touch mobile site does look almost exactly like the app. I agree with the other poster, this is probably what you're seeing.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I guess they do look very similar don't they. LOL!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    It is the facebook mobile site, it forces me here: touch.Facebook... even when I specifically type in the www facebook url. Is there a way to avoid mobile site?
    Thanks.
    I think on a mobile device it automatically takes you to their mobile site. It's the way the browser is.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Nope I just double checked. Log out of both app and bookmark. Deleted both. Didn't reset phone though. And logged in from browser to facebook and once I logged in it automatically takes me to the mobile facebook site.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Point the Pre's browser to http://www.facebook.com/home.php
    I was just getting ready to post that I found it by googling

'is there anyway to get the full facebook page on a Palm Pre'

try this url = http:// www.facebook.com/ home.php

Leave out the spaces
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thank You all. Works like a charm!.
    I hate mobile sites!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thank You all. Works like a charm!.
    I hate mobile sites!
    I don't like the facebook site on my Pre unless it is mobile however now that I can get chat that way it may be worth it. LOL!

I will say I've heard to watch your data usage that way unless you have unlimited because it uses more data..just what I heard. I could be mistaken.