1.    #1  
    I just got a Pre Plus a few days ago on O2 and it is on version 1.4.5 and have downloaded several apps on it, which have run ok. Today, I installed the Shoebox Football game listed on the precentral main page but it doesn't seem to run. The icon glows and nothing happens. Other apps I got such as Yelp and Paintr work fine.

Is anyone else having issues with this app?
    Try a reboot,
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
    I've had the same issue with some apps. Angry Birds for one...I'll select it, and it'll sit highlighted for a couple seconds, then it'll stop and nothing will happen. I'll have to do this 2 or 3 times before it opens.
    Quote Originally Posted by c.wilson View Post
    I just got a Pre Plus a few days ago on O2 and it is on version 1.4.5 and have downloaded several apps on it, which have run ok. Today, I installed the Shoebox Football game listed on the precentral main page but it doesn't seem to run. The icon glows and nothing happens. Other apps I got such as Yelp and Paintr work fine.

Is anyone else having issues with this app?

Hi, is that the only app which doesn't launch? Do any other PDK apps, like Angry Birds, open?

Thanks for trying to run my game btw!

Regards,
    Charence
    Try rebooting you phone first, if that doesn't work, try restarting Java.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    One thing to note: PDK games open differently than the other apps, so after the glow, wait 15 seconds or so for the app to launch.

7.    #7  
    I have tried rebooting the phone but that doesn't seem to help. How do I restart Java and how do I know if it is only PDK ones not working?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by c.wilson View Post
    I have tried rebooting the phone but that doesn't seem to help. How do I restart Java and how do I know if it is only PDK ones not working?

Thanks
    You need to install Luna Manager, you can get it in Preware.

I have the same issue as you, but the only apps that won't open are PDK apps. It's rather frustrating.

Any suggestions? I've tried restarting my phone several times to no avail. I have two PDK apps, and neither have been able to open, ever.
    One more suggestion is to run this: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-update.html

Where in preware can i find the fixer?
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude737 View Post
    Where in preware can i find the fixer?
    Open Preware and just type 'fstab', then press enter. It is under Available Others > Linux Applications > Utilities.

Nevermind, I found it but the pdk app's still aren't launching!

OP, sorry to hijack your thread.
    My friend and I are both having the same issue with our Pre classics. I have multiple apps that only show the glowing start screen, but won't launch. I have gone as far as to completely reset my phone and reload webOS1.4.5. I've tried Emergency Fstab, increasing memory limit using Compachie in Govnah, java and luna reboots, launching multiple times and letting them sit on the flashing screen for up to 30 minutes, yelling at it, and even nicely saying "Please work Angry Birds" but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any ideas why the apps won't start?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Swish