Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When I put my Pre on my touchstone, and open the keyboard to type, the backlight does not come on for the keyboard.

Does anyone know what the issue is here. The backlight will come on if it is off the touchstone of course.

Thanks
    Would seem difficult to type while the phone is on the TS anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    When I put my Pre on my touchstone, and open the keyboard to type, the backlight does not come on for the keyboard.

Does anyone know what the issue is here. The backlight will come on if it is off the touchstone of course.

Thanks
    Have you tried something like Brightness Unlinked? I had that issue as well, and I type with my TS and pre in my hand all the time, LOL I am so lazy.
  4.    #4  
    I find it great to type on the touchstone!

I really dont want another app taking up resources in the background like Brightness Unlinked, and since I am using Uberkernel and screenstate, I was told that you cant use Brightness unlinked with it as it will mess it up.
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    I have no issues with backlight lighting up with Sprint Pre on the touchstone. Keyboard light works fine on the the touchstone. Do you have a brightness patch? I do and with brightness above 10% keyboard light works whether on the touchstone or not. Below 10%, no keyboard light.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I find it great to type on the touchstone!

I really dont want another app taking up resources in the background like Brightness Unlinked, and since I am using Uberkernel and screenstate, I was told that you cant use Brightness unlinked with it as it will mess it up.
    I have Brightness Unlinked and it does not run in the background nor does it conflict with my UK on screenstate except I am missing something. Do you have Mode Switcher? Perhaps you may have mistakenly set it to a mode that shuts off the keyboard backlight.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
  7.    #7  
    No I didnt set something like that in Mode Switcher

Ok it gets even weirder...

1. If I have the phone unlocked on the touchstone and open the slider the backlight wont turn on.

2. If the phone is locked and the screen is off on the touchstone, and I open the slider the keyboard backlight WILL turn on.

So, if the Pre is off the touchstone the Keyboard backlight always comes on.

If the Pre is on the touchstone the Keyboard backlight will only come on if the screen is off.
    I would recommend temporarily rendering Mode Switcher inactive so as to eliminate it as a possible culprit. If not, install Brightness unlinked and see if you can resolve it with the toggle under "Touchstone". You of course have the option to uninstall it since you aren't in favour of having it.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
  9.    #9  
    With Mode Switcher disabled, still no backlight for keyboard on touchstone.
  10.    #10  
    Brightness Unlinked didnt fix the issue...still no keyboard backlight while on touchstone.
    Sometimes my keyboard lites up on the touchstone,sometimes not. If you tap on the top bar (time/battery ) it will lite up your keyboard. YMMV
    I feel badly and wish I could have helped. What you have described is a complete opposite of the proper functionality. I even went to my screen and lock to see if there may be anything related but found nothing crucial. Take out the battery, hold the power button for a couple of seconds, and retry. I honestly don't know what good this will do but it has fixed issues for me in the past.

I noticed my phone does the same as the OP about a week ago. Thought it might be a problem with MS but I don't think it is. Wish I could help.
  14.    #14  
    You turned the most important nouns into abbreviations and now I have no idea what you are talking about.
    I am curious, what does Mode Switcher do? I have heard of it before. While we are at it, isn't that another app running in the background? Methinks that unning UKernel would give it the juice to be able to withstand a few necessary apps along for the ride. Either way, sounds like you may have a hardware issue. I had that happen with one, random keyboard on and offs, AND brightness would SAY 0% but be WAY brighter than that, sometimes after a reset, sometimes not. (I patched reduce min brightness to 0 and it's still too bright in pitch dark). I got a replacement phone and waddya know, it didn't happen any more
  16.    #16  
    @copasetic

Mode Switcher is an automation app.

So you can trigger any app or service to turn on and off due to another event taking place.

examples:

1) When you connect your bluetooth stereo headphones, open the music app
    2)When you connect your Pre to a power source, turn the brightness to 100% and leave the screen on forever
    3)When you stream music, change your Govnah profile to not reduce the clockspeed on screenstate to stop stutters in the music.

Those are some examples. Anything is possible, you just need an trigger and then some sort of reaction or event to that trigger.

So think of a universal sentence like this

"If (this) happens, then (this) will happen because of it"
    I use the brightness inverted patch. nothing in the background, and it appears to do what you are looking for.
    original post OP
    mode switcher MS
    sorry for confusion. I have the same exact problem though. Hope someone know what the problem is. I may start to get rid of patches one by one to see if it gets fixed.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I use the brightness inverted patch. nothing in the background, and it appears to do what you are looking for.
    agreed. brightness unlinked cures all ills...
    brightness unlinked takes away from of the screen real estate to work.

the brigtness inverted patch from jason doesn't. You can get it in quickinstall. It rocks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast